    correct this, so it seems to be something to do with IE, perhaps some
    security setting I haven't found yet (like Hide All Adobe Links...:).)

    Rustiferion

    Rusty Lillico, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Rusty Lillico

    °Mike° Guest

    Check that you haven't added Adobe to your hosts file.
    Re-check your firewall settings, close IE and empty the
    temporary internet files (including offline content).
    Do you have something like Proxomitron installed, that
    could be identifying the images as ads?

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:24:53 GMT, in
    <980Ma.58696$>
    Rusty Lillico scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jul 1, 2003

  3. That's a new one on me, Mike. Where is my "hosts" file and what does it do?

    In ZAPro, I have everything to do with Adobe checked as allowable, and no, I
    don't believe I've run across Proxomitron before.

    Perhaps I can deform the button into another shape, and see if it gets thru.
    Or rename the image. That won't help on other sites, but it might provide a
    clue....

    Another irritation, and perhaps another clue, is that I can't download .PDF
    files with IE - if I find something I want, I have to paste the URL into
    Netscape and click on the file from there. IE loads the reader, then closes
    the AA window and returns a blank web page with the notation "Done".

    Rusty

    Rusty Lillico, Jul 1, 2003
  4. Rusty Lillico

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Rusty Lillico said:

    > That's a new one on me, Mike. Where is my "hosts" file and what does it do?

    If you never loaded a hosts file onto your system, chances are you don't have
    one.
    You can take a look on my software page for the hosts file locations depending
    on your OS, and even download a copy of the file itself, if I remember correctly
    there are about 13,000+ entries in my file.
    You might also like to check out the Hostess file too.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 1, 2003
  5. Rusty Lillico

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Brian H¹© said:

    > Errrrr...erm... Rusty Lillico said:
    >
    >> That's a new one on me, Mike. Where is my "hosts" file and what does it do?

    > If you never loaded a hosts file onto your system, chances are you don't have
    > one.
    > You can take a look on my software page for the hosts file locations depending
    > on your OS, and even download a copy of the file itself, if I remember
    > correctly there are about 13,000+ entries in my file.
    > You might also like to check out the Hostess file too.

    www.absey-vine.co.uk/software/

    A link helps doesn't it ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Jul 1, 2003
  6. Rusty Lillico

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 18:41:18 GMT, in
    <iBkMa.93964$>
    Rusty Lillico scrawled:

    >That's a new one on me, Mike. Where is my "hosts" file and what
    >does it do?

    As Brian said, if you haven't created one, you probably don't
    have a hosts file. You can read about the hosts file here:
    http://accs-net.com/hosts/
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    >In ZAPro, I have everything to do with Adobe checked as allowable,
    >and no, I don't believe I've run across Proxomitron before.

    You can find Proxomitron and info here:
    http://computercops.biz/downloads-cat-19.html
    http://computercops.biz/modules.php?name=Proxomitron

    >Perhaps I can deform the button into another shape, and see if it
    >gets thru. Or rename the image. That won't help on other sites,
    >but it might provide a clue....

    What popup blocker are you using? And have your cleared your
    cache, like I suggested?

    >Another irritation, and perhaps another clue, is that I can't
    >download .PDF files with IE - if I find something I want, I have
    >to paste the URL into Netscape and click on the file from there.
    >IE loads the reader, then closes the AA window and returns a blank
    >web page with the notation "Done".

    You can set the browser integration from within Acrobat Reader's
    preferences.

    Configuring Windows browsers for Acrobat Reader
    http://www.adobe.com/support/techguides/acrobat/rdrwinbrwsr/main.html

    °Mike°, Jul 1, 2003