    you have downloaded I would like to know if there is a way to stop it going
    into your computer.

    Thanks in advance from Eddie
    Eddie, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Eddie

    Rob K Guest

    Le 11/30/2003, "Eddie" a supposé :
    > Hi
    > Could anyone help with a way to kill the virus called DUST.EXE. It comes
    > from Kazaa and also Winmx at the moment I am using Soulseek but I really
    > miss Kazaa when your computer is infected it stops you opening files which
    > you have downloaded I would like to know if there is a way to stop it going
    > into your computer.
    >
    > Thanks in advance from Eddie

    Google knows :
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=dust.exe
    and McAfee, Symantec, Grisoft, to name a few....

    Iow, get rid of the known virus and get yourself a permanent, decent
    protection against viruses. And try Kazaa Lite instead of Kazaa, saves
    you a lot of spyware and other nasties. Tip : Ad-Aware and AVG
    ANti-virus are free...

    http://www.lavasoft.de (or dot.com IIRC)
    http://www.grisoft.com

    HTH

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Eddie

    Bigjon Guest

    Eddie declared:

    > DUST.EXE

    This is the W32/Duster Virus, discovered 12th Nov 2003.
    You will need an AV program to remove it, I think McAfee has added it.
    --
    You can't have it all....
    Where would you put it anyway ??
    Bigjon, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Eddie

    docmill Guest

    Bigjon <> wrote in

    > Eddie declared:
    >
    >> DUST.EXE

    > This is the W32/Duster Virus, discovered 12th Nov 2003.
    > You will need an AV program to remove it, I think McAfee has added it.

    What? Are you going to tell him next, your brother in law sells the AV
    removal program?
    Sometimes it's OK not to give a CC# or write a check. And if you pay
    attention here you won't have to.

    --
    +++++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    Docmill's "Home of Hot Links in the FryingSpam"
    docmill, Nov 30, 2003
  5. Eddie

    Bigjon Guest

    docmill spewed forth the following drivel:

    > Bigjon <> wrote in

    >> Eddie declared:

    >>> DUST.EXE

    >> This is the W32/Duster Virus, discovered 12th Nov 2003.
    >> You will need an AV program to remove it, I think McAfee has added it.

    > What? Are you going to tell him next, your brother in law sells the AV
    > removal program?
    > Sometimes it's OK not to give a CC# or write a check. And if you pay
    > attention here you won't have to.

    All I did was advise the OP.....
    He asked how to kill it and how to stop it going in his computer -
    I gave him a perfectly reasonable answer.

    >>Google knows :
    >>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=dust.exe
    >>and McAfee, Symantec, Grisoft, to name a few....

    This above appears incorrect. There is no listing for the virus anywhere
    except in McAfee that I know of at the present time. In fact, I challenge
    you to find it included in any *free* AV program at present....
    Bigjon, Nov 30, 2003
  6. Eddie

    docmill Guest

    Bigjon <> wrote in

    <Snip>
    > All I did was advise the OP.....
    > He asked how to kill it and how to stop it going in his computer -
    > I gave him a perfectly reasonable answer.
    >
    > There is no listing for the virus anywhere
    > except in McAfee that I know of at the present time. In fact, I challenge
    > you to find it included in any *free* AV program at present....

    Sorry, I forgot about you, but this has the removal instructions and the free
    online scanner.
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=PE_DUSTER.A

    Is it better now?
    docmill, Dec 1, 2003
  7. Eddie

    Bigjon Guest

    docmill decided to rise to the challenge and post:

    > Bigjon <> wrote in

    > <Snip>
    >> All I did was advise the OP.....
    >> He asked how to kill it and how to stop it going in his computer -
    >> I gave him a perfectly reasonable answer.

    >> There is no listing for the virus anywhere
    >> except in McAfee that I know of at the present time. In fact, I challenge
    >> you to find it included in any *free* AV program at present....

    > Sorry, I forgot about you, but this has the removal instructions and the free
    > online scanner.
    > http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=PE_DUSTER.A

    > Is it better now?

    Good to see you can actually provide a sensible answer.
    Well done !!
    Just a shame you couldn't manage it the first time round
    :-(
    Bigjon, Dec 1, 2003
  8. Eddie

    docmill Guest

    Bigjon <> wrote in

    > docmill decided to rise to the challenge and post:
    >
    >> Bigjon <> wrote in

    >> <Snip>
    >>> All I did was advise the OP.....
    >>> He asked how to kill it and how to stop it going in his computer -
    >>> I gave him a perfectly reasonable answer.

    >>> There is no listing for the virus anywhere
    >>> except in McAfee that I know of at the present time. In fact, I
    >>> challenge you to find it included in any *free* AV program at
    >>> present....

    >> Sorry, I forgot about you, but this has the removal instructions and
    >> the free online scanner.
    >> http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=PE_DUSTE
    >> R.A

    >> Is it better now?

    > Good to see you can actually provide a sensible answer.
    > Well done !!
    > Just a shame you couldn't manage it the first time round
    >:-(

    Yea, I have to do that once in a while, after a poster gives an incorrect or
    incomplete suggestion.

    docmill, Dec 1, 2003