    Help

    II tuened off "Ctrl, Alt Del" in my sons profile on XP and I can not remember
    how to turn it back on

    Richard, Apr 7, 2007

  2. Richard

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > Help
    >
    > II tuened off "Ctrl, Alt Del" in my sons profile on XP and I can not remember
    > how to turn it back on

    Open Control Panel and then Administrative Tools. Click on the icon for
    Local Security Policy. In Security Settings for Local Policies, open
    Security Options. Under Interactive logon: Do not require Ctrl-Alt-Delete,
    change the setting to "disabled".

    Mistoffolees, Apr 7, 2007

  3. Richard

    Guest

    Richard <> wrote:

    >Help
    >
    >II tuened off "Ctrl, Alt Del" in my sons profile on XP and I can not remember
    >how to turn it back on

    Start | Run <type in>
    CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
    <enter>

    Bottom of second tab.
    --
    http://jesuspan.com/

    , Apr 8, 2007
  4. Richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 21:30:07 +0000, Richard wrote:

    > Help
    >
    > II tuened off "Ctrl, Alt Del" in my sons profile on XP and I can not remember
    > how to turn it back on

    You have to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Apr 8, 2007
  5. Richard

    GHalleck Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 21:30:07 +0000, Richard wrote:
    >

    >>Help
    >>
    >>II tuened off "Ctrl, Alt Del" in my sons profile on XP and I can not remember
    >>how to turn it back on

    > You have to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL.

    Apparently not in Windows XP. Mistoffolees is correct. But it will
    always be safer to revert to the 3-fingered salute prior to typing in
    the password. This trick was a counter to some of the earliest tricks
    for online hijacking computers.

    GHalleck, Apr 8, 2007
  6. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Richard <> wrote:
    >Help
    >
    >II tuened off "Ctrl, Alt Del" in my sons profile on XP and I can not remember
    >how to turn it back on

    Sorry - I did this as a very quick question and did not think about its tech
    content

    Once logged into the system, I some years back disabled the fuction that when
    in my sons profile only when "Ctrl, Alt Del" it did not displayed the 'Task
    manager'. so what happens is a windon is displayed stating that command has
    been disable by the Admin. my problem is that I can not remember how to turn it
    off and get the Task manager back

    Richard, Apr 8, 2007
  7. Richard

    Robb Guest

    Richard wrote:
    >>II tuened off "Ctrl, Alt Del" in my sons profile on XP and I can not remember
    >>how to turn it back on

    >Sorry - I did this as a very quick question and did not think about its tech
    >content

    Has this been fixed?, several people already posted suggestions.

    >Once logged into the system, I some years back disabled the fuction that when
    >in my sons profile only when "Ctrl, Alt Del" it did not displayed the 'Task
    >manager'. so what happens is a windon is displayed stating that command has
    >been disable by the Admin. my problem is that I can not remember how to turn it
    >off and get the Task manager back

    Are you pressing all 3 keys at the same time?

    Whenever you get a display to wind-on, insert a big plastic key and crank
    the dickens out of it, that's a warning the computer is winding down.

    --
    Robb

    Robb, Apr 8, 2007
  8. Richard

    Richard Guest

    wrote:
    > Richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>Richard <> wrote:
    >>>Help
    >>>
    >>>II tuened off "Ctrl, Alt Del" in my sons profile on XP and I can not
    >>>remember
    >>>how to turn it back on

    >>Sorry - I did this as a very quick question and did not think about its tech
    >>content

    >>Once logged into the system, I some years back disabled the fuction that when
    >>in my sons profile only when "Ctrl, Alt Del" it did not displayed the 'Task
    >>manager'. so what happens is a windon is displayed stating that command has
    >>been disable by the Admin. my problem is that I can not remember how to turn
    >>it
    >>off and get the Task manager back

    >Do as Mistoffolees mentioned then.
    >Shortcut:
    >
    >Start | Run <type in>
    >gpedit.msc
    ><enter>
    >
    >Snoop around and find setting that will reset the taskmanager.
    >XPpro right?

    yes

    Richard, Apr 8, 2007
  9. Richard