    the CPU usage icon in the taskbar.

    How do I get the whole Task Manager back on ctrl alt del?

    , Feb 10, 2005

  2. Dog Guest

    check for spyware on your comp

    Dog, Feb 10, 2005

  3. Guest

    Dog wrote:
    > check for spyware on your comp

    AdAware and Spybot show nothing. I've also run a half dozen different
    AV scanners on the drive. Nothing.

    , Feb 10, 2005
  4. Maybe your Task manager has somehow become disabled or broken.
    See if http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm helps
    John

    John Rampling, Feb 11, 2005
  5. Guest

    As a follow up to my original problem for anyone searching in the
    future, the solution is simple. Double click the border and the whole
    thing will then show back up.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q314227

    SYMPTOMS
    The menu bar and tabs may not be visible in Task Manager.

    CAUSE
    This behavior may occur if Task Manager is running in Tiny Footprint
    mode. If you double-click the empty space in the border around the
    tabs, Task Manager switches to this mode.

    RESOLUTION
    To switch Task Manager to its typical display mode, double-click the
    top border of the window.

    wrote:
    > WinXP SP1 home
    >
    > CTRL ALT DEL gives me a single window containing what should be the
    > Applications tab in Windows Task Manger and nothing else.
    >
    > There's not even a method to close this window without doing so

    through
    > the CPU usage icon in the taskbar.
    >
    > How do I get the whole Task Manager back on ctrl alt del?

    , Feb 15, 2005