    the user name and password.

    Is there any way of not getting the Ctrl/Alt/Delete?

    TIA

    Johnny, Jun 22, 2005

  2. Johnny

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2005

  3. Johnny

    John Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In <7tkue.461$>,
    > Johnny took 8 lines to utter:
    >
    >>Recently I've had to do the Ctrl/Alt/Delete thing before my laptop asks
    >>for
    >>the user name and password.
    >>
    >>Is there any way of not getting the Ctrl/Alt/Delete?
    >>
    >>TIA

    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > Basic computer maintenance

    Sorry Mike

    I found this:-
    To Enable or Disable the CTRL+ALT+DELETE Sequence
    1.Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.
    2.Click the Advanced tab.
    3.In the Secure logon section, select or clear the Require users to press
    Ctrl+Alt+Delete check box.

    However I don't seem to have an Advanced Tab!

    John, Jun 22, 2005
  4. Johnny

    °Mike° Guest

    In <Allue.982$>,
    John took 35 lines to utter:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> In <7tkue.461$>,
    >> Johnny took 8 lines to utter:
    >>
    >>>Recently I've had to do the Ctrl/Alt/Delete thing before my laptop asks
    >>>for
    >>>the user name and password.
    >>>
    >>>Is there any way of not getting the Ctrl/Alt/Delete?
    >>>
    >>>TIA

    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >Sorry Mike
    >
    >I found this:-
    >To Enable or Disable the CTRL+ALT+DELETE Sequence
    >1.Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.
    >2.Click the Advanced tab.
    >3.In the Secure logon section, select or clear the Require users to press
    >Ctrl+Alt+Delete check box.
    >

    >However I don't seem to have an Advanced Tab!

    Rather than go through the Control Panel, type the following
    into the Start / Run box:

    control userpasswords2

    Secure Logon is at the bottom of the Advanced tab.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2005
  5. Johnny

    Tina Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> In <7tkue.461$>,
    >> Johnny took 8 lines to utter:
    >>
    >>>Recently I've had to do the Ctrl/Alt/Delete thing before my laptop
    >>>asks for
    >>>the user name and password.
    >>>
    >>>Is there any way of not getting the Ctrl/Alt/Delete?
    >>>
    >>>TIA

    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> --
    >> Basic computer maintenance

    > Sorry Mike
    >
    > I found this:-
    > To Enable or Disable the CTRL+ALT+DELETE Sequence
    > 1.Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.
    > 2.Click the Advanced tab.
    > 3.In the Secure logon section, select or clear the Require users to
    > press Ctrl+Alt+Delete check box.
    >

    > However I don't seem to have an Advanced Tab!

    Try typing
    control userpasswords2
    in the run dialog box and maybe then you will see the Advance Tab.

    --
    Tina

    Tina, Jun 23, 2005