    were imported."

    Now is this the fault of gmail, Thunderbird or am I doing something wrong ?

    Stuart

    Stuart, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Stuart

    ..brian.. Guest

    Stuart wrote:
    > I have been trying to import my address list from Thunderbird to

    gmail
    > without any luck .. I have created a CSV file using "export" in
    > Thunderbird but when I try to upload it to gmail this message comes

    up
    > all the time "There were problems with your CSV file, so no contacts
    > were imported."
    >
    > Now is this the fault of gmail, Thunderbird or am I doing something

    wrong ?

    > Stuart

    The help information on Gmail says the CSV file needs to contain a
    header line that says what is what in the file. I didn't see any such
    information when I opened the exported CSV file in Excel -- just the
    address book info. I assume you could manually add the information to
    the file.
    --
    Brian

    ..brian.., Mar 1, 2005