    IE7 settings, downgrading to IE 6, and using Firefox 2, and the
    problem will not go away. Other computers on the network function
    properly, so it's not the ISP. Any ideas?
    Rschen7754, Feb 2, 2008

  2. Rschen7754

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 18:26:37 -0800 (PST), Rschen7754 wrote:

    >I cannot get CSS stylesheet, or at least background images, to load on

    Usually a URL or 2 helps.

    Which is it CSS effects and / or backgrounds?

    Backgrounds defined by CSS or any backgrounds?

    >any webpage in IE or firefox on XP SP2. The reason I believe this is

    Wot no examples URLs?

    Any as in any external website, so maybe it's not a CSS issue?

    >because I even tried loading my own web page, which I coded with
    >CSS, and the background images will not load. I tried resetting all

    Can you save the image and view it in a browser / paint app?

    Ok so if it's 1 specific PC, what different about it?

    Firewall, AV, proxy, You haven't set all your browsers to ignore CSS on
    the 1 PC?

    >IE7 settings, downgrading to IE 6, and using Firefox 2, and the

    Now that's just overkill resetting all settings.

    >problem will not go away. Other computers on the network function
    >properly, so it's not the ISP. Any ideas?

    It;s nice to hear the other computers on the network function properly,
    assuming you mean with the CSS issue :)

    If you view a page that works on another PC and the same on the PC that
    doesn't is there any difference when you View / Source?

    Maybe you can think of a few more things to try first.

    Me
    why?, Feb 2, 2008

  3. Rschen7754

    Rschen7754 Guest

    On Feb 2, 9:05 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 18:26:37 -0800 (PST), Rschen7754 wrote:
    > >I cannot get CSS stylesheet, or at least background images, to load on

    > Usually a URL or 2 helps.
    >
    > Which is it CSS effects and / or backgrounds?
    >
    > Backgrounds defined by CSS or any backgrounds?
    >
    > >any webpage in IE or firefox on XP SP2. The reason I believe this is

    > Wot no examples URLs?
    >
    > Any as in any external website, so maybe it's not a CSS issue?
    >
    > >because I even tried loading my own web page, which I coded with
    > >CSS, and the background images will not load. I tried resetting all

    > Can you save the image and view it in a browser / paint app?
    >
    > Ok so if it's 1 specific PC, what different about it?
    >
    > Firewall, AV, proxy, You haven't set all your browsers to ignore CSS on
    > the 1 PC?
    >
    > >IE7 settings, downgrading to IE 6, and using Firefox 2, and the

    > Now that's just overkill resetting all settings.
    >
    > >problem will not go away. Other computers on the network function
    > >properly, so it's not the ISP. Any ideas?

    > It;s nice to hear the other computers on the network function properly,
    > assuming you mean with the CSS issue :)
    >
    > If you view a page that works on another PC and the same on the PC that
    > doesn't is there any difference when you View / Source?
    >
    > Maybe you can think of a few more things to try first.
    >
    > Me

    Please be polite. This is practically any website - www.yahoo.com is
    an example. None of the background displays.
    Rschen7754, Feb 2, 2008
  4. Rschen7754

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:20:41 -0800 (PST), Rschen7754 wrote:

    Something at the bottom, didn't snip and only answered 1 of the 7
    questions.

    >On Feb 2, 9:05 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 18:26:37 -0800 (PST), Rschen7754 wrote:
    >> >I cannot get CSS stylesheet, or at least background images, to load on

    >> Usually a URL or 2 helps.
    >>
    >> Which is it CSS effects and / or backgrounds?
    >>
    >> Backgrounds defined by CSS or any backgrounds?

    <snip>

    >> If you view a page that works on another PC and the same on the PC that
    >> doesn't is there any difference when you View / Source?
    >>
    >> Maybe you can think of a few more things to try first.
    >>
    >> Me

    >Please be polite. This is practically any website - www.yahoo.com is
    >an example. None of the background displays.

    Practically as in all of ir just some, is there 1 where it does work?

    There that's an 8th question.

    Here is another when compared to another PC what is the exact
    difference?

    For yahoo, the various boxes / tabs are shaded blue, these all sit on a
    page where the background is while.

    Oh and a tip, take screen shot of both PCs and post the up on a webpage
    somewhere, a file sharing / photo gallery site.

    1 of the previous questions mentioned View/Source and if you can see the
    image on it's own. That's another you didn't answer, even to say you
    didn't know and ask if you could be shown.

    div.minimantle, #minimantle, #sizetoggle, #trough ul, #pa{

    background-image:url(http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/thm/1/grd-4px_1.1.gif);
    background-repeat:repeat-x;

    See the link for the image, try it. The next isn't defined as a
    background.

    #searchIE{filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src="http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/thm/1/search_1.1.png",
    sizingMethod="scale");}

    Another 2

    ..inputtext{
    border:1px solid #f0f0f0;
    border-color:#7c7c7c #cecece #c3c3c3 #7c7c7c;
    background:#fff
    url(http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/t4/sbox-bg.gif) no-repeat;
    }
    ..more, .bullet, .audio, .video, .slideshow, .search, .phone, .minimantle
    li, #minimantle li, #localnewsct #newstop li, a#editpage,
    a#editpage.on,#vsearchtabs dl dt a,#sboxfooter a.yans{
    background-image:url(http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/sp/icons_1.7.gif);
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    }

    That PC has AV software blocking the site - us.i1.yimg.com oh and every
    other site you try.

    Are you getting the idea now? Guessing what you mean and no examples
    doesn't help.

    Me
    why?, Feb 3, 2008
  5. Rschen7754

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Rschen7754" <> wrote in message
    >I cannot get CSS stylesheet, or at least background images, to load on
    > any webpage in IE or firefox on XP SP2. The reason I believe this is
    > because I even tried loading my own web page, which I coded with
    > CSS, and the background images will not load. I tried resetting all
    > IE7 settings, downgrading to IE 6, and using Firefox 2, and the
    > problem will not go away. Other computers on the network function
    > properly, so it's not the ISP. Any ideas?

    There is something else going on with the machine. The use of CSS in code by
    you is not affecting the loading of Web of a Web Page in other Web
    applications. I don't know what your problem is but I doubt CSS has anything
    to do with it.
    Mr. Arnold, Feb 3, 2008
  6. Rschen7754

    Traxey

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    This should work for the problem:
    Start->Control Panel->Accessibility Options->Display uncheck "Use High Contrast"

    Apparently this affects app's(also affects MS Office) running under Windows XP using a background(untested on other versions).

    Hope this helps.
    Traxey, Jul 25, 2008
  7. Rschen7754

    tscott

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2009
    Messages:
    1

    Registered on the forum just to say thanks for this tip. I had spent hours trying to figure this one out.

    I should mention, for anyone else having trouble, that I've seen the same problem before and it was caused by 3rd party web filtering software that was blocking all CSS.

    Thanks again, Traxey!
    tscott, Sep 18, 2009