    at

    http://www.classicinteriors.uk.com

    any help much appreciated.
    David, Nov 28, 2005

  2. David

    Ed Mullen Guest

    David wrote:
    > Has anybody any ideas why my CSS is not working in firefox, but is fine in
    > IE, Also works fine in Firefox on localhost, you can check out the problem
    > at
    >
    > http://www.classicinteriors.uk.com
    >
    > any help much appreciated.

    Not certain but your style sheet fails at the CSS Validator with the
    following error:

    I/O Error: Unknown mime type : text/plain

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Nov 28, 2005

  3. David

    David Guest

    Ed

    When I check using the following link it passes

    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

    But I agree am am getting the following on the javascript console

    Error: The stylesheet
    http://www.classicinteriors.uk.com/stylesheets/classichome.css was not
    loaded because its MIME type, "text/plain", is not "text/css".

    I am confused as to why it works using my local file.

    if anyone has any ideas i'd be grateful.

    David, Nov 28, 2005
  4. David wrote:
    > Ed
    >
    > When I check using the following link it passes
    >
    > http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    >
    > But I agree am am getting the following on the javascript console
    >
    > Error: The stylesheet
    > http://www.classicinteriors.uk.com/stylesheets/classichome.css was not
    > loaded because its MIME type, "text/plain", is not "text/css".
    >
    > I am confused as to why it works using my local file.
    >
    > if anyone has any ideas i'd be grateful.
    >
    > "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>David wrote:
    >>
    >>>Has anybody any ideas why my CSS is not working in firefox, but is fine
    >>>in IE, Also works fine in Firefox on localhost, you can check out the
    >>>problem at
    >>>
    >>>http://www.classicinteriors.uk.com
    >>>
    >>>any help much appreciated.
    >>>

    >>Not certain but your style sheet fails at the CSS Validator with the
    >>following error:
    >>
    >>I/O Error: Unknown mime type : text/plain

    Your problem is in your server configuration, which is serving the css
    file as text/plain, instead of text/css. It works locally because your
    web server is out of the picture.

    Contact your web host to rectify the situation.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 29, 2005
  5. David

    Jeff Price Guest

    Thanks Lee,

    I'll Contact them

    Dave

    --

    Classic Interiors
    9 Quay Road

    Jeff Price, Nov 29, 2005
  6. David

    Ed Mullen Guest

    David wrote:
    > Ed
    >
    > When I check using the following link it passes
    >
    > http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    >
    > But I agree am am getting the following on the javascript console
    >
    > Error: The stylesheet
    > http://www.classicinteriors.uk.com/stylesheets/classichome.css was not
    > loaded because its MIME type, "text/plain", is not "text/css".
    >
    > I am confused as to why it works using my local file.
    >
    > if anyone has any ideas i'd be grateful.
    >
    > "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>David wrote:
    >>
    >>>Has anybody any ideas why my CSS is not working in firefox, but is fine
    >>>in IE, Also works fine in Firefox on localhost, you can check out the
    >>>problem at
    >>>
    >>>http://www.classicinteriors.uk.com
    >>>
    >>>any help much appreciated.
    >>>

    >>Not certain but your style sheet fails at the CSS Validator with the
    >>following error:
    >>
    >>I/O Error: Unknown mime type : text/plain
    >>
    >>--
    >>Ed Mullen
    >>http://edmullen.net
    >>http://mozilla.edmullen.net

    I go to the CSS Validator site and enter the URL of your style sheet
    then I get the error. The URL for validation is:

    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...teriors.uk.com/classichome.css&usermedium=all

    As Lee indicated the problem is with your Web server's configuration.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Nov 30, 2005
  7. David

    David Guest

    Thanks Ed,

    I am trying to sort it with my hosting company

    Dave

    David, Nov 30, 2005