    multiple services (one for each port on each server) and associating them
    all to the same content rule?

    Thanks
    Jeff, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Jeff

    dmcknigh Guest

    "Jeff" <> wrote in message news:<MlCtb.62455$>...
    > Has anyone used the CSS to load balance to different ports on the same
    > server? We need to run multiple copies of a Web server on a given server
    > platform (multiples).
    >
    > If I have a VIP using port 80, can I load balance that to ports 80, 81, 82,
    > 83 on a variety of servers? If so, how? Is it simply a matter of having
    > multiple services (one for each port on each server) and associating them
    > all to the same content rule?
    >
    > Thanks
    >That's exactly what you do. When the CSS sends traffic to one of the load-

    balanced servers, it translates the destination port to whatever you selected
    (using the "protocol tcp" and "port XX" commands) when you created the service.
    FYI - I've compared it to simple dest-ip differentiation of the servers and it
    performed just as well in load-tests (no apparent performance issues).

    dmcknigh
    dmcknigh, Nov 16, 2003