CSS & HTML Tables

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike, Apr 13, 2007.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hey guys I just have a really quick question that I'm trying to figure
    out...

    I have a table and a CSS webpage. The CSS webpage is full of <DIV>'s
    that make up the entire site so that you can neatly put things inside
    of them. I also have this set up with ASP.NET Master pages... So I
    have a website sorta like this...

    <asp Master Page Placeholder>

    ........ Now I've been putting text and images and such inside of this
    placeholder, but now I have come upon a page where I wish to put a
    table. I think that it'll work, but in IE it appears that the table
    (you can tell when it loads) goes underneath the DIV, but in Firefox
    it works out alright.

    Any ideas?
    THANKS,
    --mike

    Mike, Apr 13, 2007

  2. Mike

    Robb Guest

    Mike wrote:
    >Hey guys I just have a really quick question that I'm trying to figure
    >out...
    >
    >I have a table and a CSS webpage. The CSS webpage is full of <DIV>'s
    >that make up the entire site so that you can neatly put things inside
    >of them. I also have this set up with ASP.NET Master pages... So I
    >have a website sorta like this...

    > <asp Master Page Placeholder>
    >
    >....... Now I've been putting text and images and such inside of this
    >placeholder, but now I have come upon a page where I wish to put a
    >table. I think that it'll work, but in IE it appears that the table
    >(you can tell when it loads) goes underneath the DIV, but in Firefox
    >it works out alright.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Always run a css validator. Hard to know without seeing the page,
    try test layouts in IE & make adjustments that don't break in a gecko.
    CSS validators come free varieties. Google.

    --
    Robb

    Robb, Apr 13, 2007

  3. Mike

    why? Guest

    On 13 Apr 2007 03:29:57 -0700, Mike wrote:

    >Hey guys I just have a really quick question that I'm trying to figure
    >out...

    Put the page up on a public webserver and provide the URL.

    HTML/CSS validation, see the links in the w3 A to Z at
    http://www.w3.org/

    >I have a table and a CSS webpage. The CSS webpage is full of <DIV>'s
    >that make up the entire site so that you can neatly put things inside
    >of them. I also have this set up with ASP.NET Master pages... So I
    >have a website sorta like this...

    > <asp Master Page Placeholder>

    That means what? Is the div above, below, near by okay?

    >....... Now I've been putting text and images and such inside of this
    >placeholder, but now I have come upon a page where I wish to put a
    >table. I think that it'll work, but in IE it appears that the table
    >(you can tell when it loads) goes underneath the DIV, but in Firefox

    I can't tell, can't see the page.

    >it works out alright.

    Poor syntax, FF is maybe self correcting the layout. Then again IIRC if
    the structure is valid layout is worked out first then the content
    filled. You can see this on sites where placeholders are drawn and the
    images etc follow and the rendering is adjusted as the page loads.

    Otherwise browsers tend to render what thay are given, which isn't
    always valid / error free.

    >Any ideas?

    After you -
    Put the page up on a public webserver and provide the URL.
    HTML/CSS validation, see the links in the w3 A to Z at
    http://www.w3.org/

    You could ask in alt.html newsgroup, what ever you do don't forget to -

    Put the page up on a public webserver and provide the URL.
    HTML/CSS validation, see the links in the w3 A to Z at
    http://www.w3.org/

    >THANKS,
    >--mike

    Me