    based on the source IP address) we could simplify our design and get
    rid of a lot of those VIPs. Is any one aware of a way to do this on a
    CSS 11506?
    jibbajibba, Aug 25, 2006

  2. jibbajibba

    jibbajibba Guest

    Re: CSS 11506 - Source address Load balancing

    Anyone able to help ?
    jibbajibba, Aug 25, 2006

  3. jibbajibba

    James Guest

    James, Aug 25, 2006
  4. jibbajibba

    James wrote:
    > I haven't used the CSS for 3 years now however it does have an option
    > for sticking to servers / load balancing based on Source IP:-
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a008029cb84.html
    >
    > I hope this is what you were asking.

    Actually no not quite. I am not trying to do Sticky here I am hoping
    that I can determine which of 3 application servers gets hit based on
    which one of the 3 web servers the request comes from as opposed to
    tying each web server to a different VIP and then defining each vip as
    a different sequence of the three servers... if you see what i mean.
    Sticky will just direct me to a server once I have it it (from a round
    robin or similar) so long as i caome frotme h same IP address.
    I guess I could somehow hardcode the sticky table ... but that is a
    step or 2 down the line
    jibbajibba, Aug 25, 2006
  5. jibbajibba

    James Guest

    Re: CSS 11506 - Source address Load balancing

    Ah I see what you mean - no idea, sorry!

    James

    James, Aug 25, 2006
  6. jibbajibba

    chris Guest

    "jibbajibba" <> wrote in message

    > James wrote:
    >> I haven't used the CSS for 3 years now however it does have an option
    >> for sticking to servers / load balancing based on Source IP:-
    >>
    >> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a008029cb84.html
    >>
    >> I hope this is what you were asking.

    > Actually no not quite. I am not trying to do Sticky here I am hoping
    > that I can determine which of 3 application servers gets hit based on
    > which one of the 3 web servers the request comes from as opposed to
    > tying each web server to a different VIP and then defining each vip as
    > a different sequence of the three servers... if you see what i mean.
    > Sticky will just direct me to a server once I have it it (from a round
    > robin or similar) so long as i caome frotme h same IP address.
    > I guess I could somehow hardcode the sticky table ... but that is a
    > step or 2 down the line

    Doesn't that defeat the object of using a load balancer? If you want each
    web server to hit only one application server then why use a CSS? Maybe I'm
    missing something in what you are trying to achieve?

    Chris.
    chris, Aug 25, 2006
  7. jibbajibba

    jibbajibba wrote:
    > James wrote:
    > > I haven't used the CSS for 3 years now however it does have an option
    > > for sticking to servers / load balancing based on Source IP:-
    > >
    > > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a008029cb84.html
    > >
    > > I hope this is what you were asking.

    > Actually no not quite. I am not trying to do Sticky here I am hoping
    > that I can determine which of 3 application servers gets hit based on
    > which one of the 3 web servers the request comes from as opposed to
    > tying each web server to a different VIP and then defining each vip as
    > a different sequence of the three servers... if you see what i mean.
    > Sticky will just direct me to a server once I have it it (from a round
    > robin or similar) so long as i caome frotme h same IP address.
    > I guess I could somehow hardcode the sticky table ... but that is a
    > step or 2 down the line

    So, you're trying to stick based on a server the CSS has no knowledge
    of?

    client---css---webserver---appserver
    , Aug 26, 2006