    I heard Region 1 used the same thin plastic case
    ala DEEP SPACE NINE & HOMICIDE ?/...this is cool!
    How abt Region 2?

    alex crouvier, Feb 19, 2004

  2. alex crouvier wrote:
    > I heard Region 1 used the same thin plastic case ala DEEP SPACE NINE &
    > HOMICIDE ?/...this is cool!

    The "book-style" package with the very thin DVD trays all bound along one
    edge, wrapped in front/back plastic covers? Yep: the R1 sets are in that
    packaging, same as DS9.

    I like it, myself: it makes season sets condense down to very little space,
    and it's far easier to manage -- when digging out a specific disc, say --
    than is a DigiPak holding the same number of discs. (I wish we'd gotten
    this style of packaging for the _Alien Quadrilogy_ set, the way R2 did.)

    I can't address the R2 _CSI_ packaging, as I've not seen it.

    --
    Douglas Bailey
    "Down in the basement, Cassandra splits hairs..."

    Douglas Bailey, Feb 19, 2004

  3. alex crouvier

    Richard C. Guest

    Who cares about the packaging.

    The Region 1 Season 1 is a cropped pan and scan version.

    CSI was 16:9 from day one.

    I refuse to buy ANY of the CSI sets until they correct season 1.
    ========================
    "alex crouvier" <> wrote in message
    : Can anyone compare contrast the packaging for
    : CSI DVD Collection for both Region 1 & 2?
    : I heard Region 1 used the same thin plastic case
    : ala DEEP SPACE NINE & HOMICIDE ?/...this is cool!
    : How abt Region 2?
    :
    :
    :

    Richard C., Feb 20, 2004
  4. alex crouvier

    jayembee Guest

    "alex crouvier" <> wrote:

    > I heard Region 1 used the same thin plastic case
    > ala DEEP SPACE NINE & HOMICIDE ?/...this is cool!

    DS9 and HOMICIDE have very different style cases. DS9 has
    the "book" style described by Doug. HOMICIDE has each disc
    in its own Thinpak case, all together in a slipcase.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Feb 20, 2004