    thanks
    oleuncleted
    , Jun 27, 2008

  2. tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:05:12 -0700 (PDT), ""
    <> wrote:

    >im looking to buy either cs3 or cs3 extended .
    >would the extra $ for cs3 extended be worth it ?.
    >the extra options of film,video, multi media graphic , and medical
    >professionals who would benifit from it (from a website) ,don't think
    >that would help me just using it for editing my images ?.
    >
    >anyone ?

    Where are you now? Where are you in the sense of having experience in
    image editing, that is? Whether or not CS3 or CS3 Extended is "worth
    it" depends greatly on your current level of expertise in image
    manipulation. If you are upgrading from Photoshop X, then there's
    one answer. If you are plunging into editing for the first time, or
    from some program that came bundled with a camera, the answer might be
    different.

    There are features in the various Photoshop programs that many people
    never get around to understanding or using. It's hard to justify the
    cost of CS3 if you are going to use only the basic features.

    You might want to start with Adobe Elements 6.0 at the price of $50 to
    $100 (depending on who you buy it from). If you don't know, in
    advance, what you will be doing with the full CS3, then chances are
    Elements will do everything you want.

    Some will say to download a demo version of CS3. That sounds good,
    but it's not all that practical if you don't have previous experience
    with Photoshop. You are not going to scratch the surface of what can
    be done in CS3 in a trial period.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jun 27, 2008

  3. Paul Furman Guest

    Re: |GG| cs3 vs cs3 extended ?

    wrote:
    > im looking to buy either cs3 or cs3 extended .
    > would the extra $ for cs3 extended be worth it ?.
    > the extra options of film,video, multi media graphic , and medical
    > professionals who would benifit from it (from a website) ,don't think
    > that would help me just using it for editing my images ?.

    Correct, the video stuff is useless for editing still photos, it's very
    specialized.
    Paul Furman, Jun 27, 2008
  4. Guest

    i have been using cs on a pc i got from someone for a while now .
    ill be upgrading to a newer pc and want to get cs or cs3 extended .
    looks like cs3 will be the version im after .
    thanks
    oleuncleted