    from doing that. I never had this issue in PS7. How do you change the
    setting to stop it from doing that?
    , Sep 17, 2006

  2. Rutger Guest

    Rutger, Sep 17, 2006

  3. Roy G Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > After I make my selection when I use the rectangular marquee tool in
    > CS2, the image automatically "slips" or moves, apparently trying to
    > center itself. IOW, when I put the marquee at the top corner of the
    > image and start the crop, the image automatically slips down, and I
    > have to make two or three more crops to get it where I want it. I'm
    > looking for the preset that controls the marquee, or that will stop it
    > from doing that. I never had this issue in PS7. How do you change the
    > setting to stop it from doing that?

    Hi.

    I don't know the answer, because I always use the Crop Tool to make crops.
    It works just fine.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Sep 17, 2006
  4. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > After I make my selection when I use the rectangular marquee tool in
    > CS2, the image automatically "slips" or moves, apparently trying to
    > center itself. IOW, when I put the marquee at the top corner of the
    > image and start the crop, the image automatically slips down, and I
    > have to make two or three more crops to get it where I want it. I'm
    > looking for the preset that controls the marquee, or that will stop it
    > from doing that. I never had this issue in PS7. How do you change
    > the setting to stop it from doing that?

    That's weird... but you'll likely be happier using the crop tool anyway
    (button just below the lasso tool). You can make multiple adjustments after
    drawing your first box, and set aspect ratios easily. In addition, you'll
    get a better idea of the final image because the crop tool darkens the
    cropped portions to an opacity level you specify (prior to actually
    cropping) --which visually isolates your new image so you can judge it
    better.
    "Try it...you like it..."

    -Mark²

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Sep 17, 2006
  5. Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > After I make my selection when I use the rectangular marquee tool in
    > CS2, the image automatically "slips" or moves, apparently trying to
    > center itself. IOW, when I put the marquee at the top corner of the
    > image and start the crop, the image automatically slips down, and I
    > have to make two or three more crops to get it where I want it. I'm
    > looking for the preset that controls the marquee, or that will stop it
    > from doing that. I never had this issue in PS7. How do you change the
    > setting to stop it from doing that?

    Try posting your question on the comp.graphics.apps.photoshop group.
    Shawn Hirn, Sep 18, 2006
  6. Annika1980 Guest

    wrote:
    > After I make my selection when I use the rectangular marquee tool in
    > CS2, the image automatically "slips" or moves, apparently trying to
    > center itself. IOW, when I put the marquee at the top corner of the
    > image and start the crop, the image automatically slips down, and I
    > have to make two or three more crops to get it where I want it. I'm
    > looking for the preset that controls the marquee, or that will stop it
    > from doing that. I never had this issue in PS7. How do you change the
    > setting to stop it from doing that?

    Possible problems:
    You could be slightly moving your mouse as you release the button.
    Is the Feather selection set on 0?
    As you probably know, you can set the Style for the Marquee to either a
    Fixed Aspect Ratio or a Fixed Size. This is helpful when you know the
    intended aspect ratio of the final result.
    Annika1980, Sep 18, 2006
  7. Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > > After I make my selection when I use the rectangular marquee tool in
    > > CS2, the image automatically "slips" or moves, apparently trying to
    > > center itself. IOW, when I put the marquee at the top corner of the
    > > image and start the crop, the image automatically slips down, and I
    > > have to make two or three more crops to get it where I want it. I'm
    > > looking for the preset that controls the marquee, or that will stop it
    > > from doing that. I never had this issue in PS7. How do you change the
    > > setting to stop it from doing that?

    > Possible problems:
    > You could be slightly moving your mouse as you release the button.
    > Is the Feather selection set on 0?
    > As you probably know, you can set the Style for the Marquee to either a
    > Fixed Aspect Ratio or a Fixed Size. This is helpful when you know the
    > intended aspect ratio of the final result.

    Not a moving the mouse issue, as I have no problems in PS7. The
    feather selection is set to zero, and I've toggled the aspect ratios,
    as well. ARRRRGGGGGH!
    , Sep 18, 2006
  8. Dave Guest

    wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >
    >>> After I make my selection when I use the rectangular marquee tool in
    >>> CS2, the image automatically "slips" or moves, apparently trying to
    >>> center itself. IOW, when I put the marquee at the top corner of the
    >>> image and start the crop, the image automatically slips down, and I
    >>> have to make two or three more crops to get it where I want it. I'm
    >>> looking for the preset that controls the marquee, or that will stop it
    >>> from doing that. I never had this issue in PS7. How do you change the
    >>> setting to stop it from doing that?

    >> Possible problems:
    >> You could be slightly moving your mouse as you release the button.
    >> Is the Feather selection set on 0?
    >> As you probably know, you can set the Style for the Marquee to either a
    >> Fixed Aspect Ratio or a Fixed Size. This is helpful when you know the
    >> intended aspect ratio of the final result.

    > Not a moving the mouse issue, as I have no problems in PS7. The
    > feather selection is set to zero, and I've toggled the aspect ratios,
    > as well. ARRRRGGGGGH!

    Just to be clear, you are saying that the image is "slipping" rather
    than the selected area "slipping" Correct??

    If so, is the image larger than your screen size? If so, zoom out a bit
    and see if that solves your problem.

    Kind of a shot in the dark here. I use CS not CS2 so maybe it's
    something unique to CS2.

    Please let us know how this turns out.

    Dave
    Dave, Sep 18, 2006