    R did know CSS Mac Address, But did not know CSS(M) Mac,,

    Each interface line is up,,direct connected network did not ping.

    Please tell me anything
    muztagh, Dec 3, 2004

  2. muztagh

    dmcknigh Guest

    "muztagh" <> wrote in message news:<zGUrd.20413$>...
    > Topolodgy
    >
    > R - L2-CSS(B)
    > | X |
    > R- L2-CSS(M)
    >

    > Backup CSS changes to Master,,Mastered CSS did not ping to Router
    > R did know CSS Mac Address, But did not know CSS(M) Mac,,
    >
    > Each interface line is up,,direct connected network did not ping.
    >
    > Please tell me anything

    If I understand your question right, your saying that the Backup CSS
    (previously the master) is unable to ping to the upstream router.
    Under some configurations (like box-to-box redundancy), this is normal
    behavior since the IP interfaces of the backup CSS aren't really up
    and operational (you can't have two CSSes actively using the same IP
    address at the same time in a box-to-box redundancy setup). Perhaps
    you can post your configurations of the two CSSes and restate what
    question your really asking.
    -dmcknigh-
    dmcknigh, Dec 5, 2004