    ...and imagine what battery life will be like (short)

    New Alienware Aurora dual core AMD cpu notebook computer on the way with
    nVidia GeForce Go 7800 GTX graphics and 17" screen - for $5000.00
    M. Murcek, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Hmm. Wonder what it weighs. I'm betting it's well over 3.5 kilos, and
    rapidly approaching 4. (that's 7 1/2 Lbs to almost 9 Lbs for our metrically
    challenged viewers.) Has dual HD's too. Battery life of an hour or so, one
    suspects.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Is Alienware predicting that everyone will win the lottery?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 21, 2005
  4. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    If I win the lottery, I'll hire someone to carry my Aurora around for me:
    Charlie's probably right that it will be one heck of an arm stretcher on
    those long walks around the airport...

    M. Murcek, Nov 21, 2005
  5. Yeah, it will be fun to have a Gumby arm after carrying one of those around.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 21, 2005
  6. The configurator reported a ship date of Jan 23, 2006. So much for
    Christmas. :/

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 21, 2005
  7. Yeah, can you see lugging that thing between terminals as you change planes?
    Ouch!

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 21, 2005
  8. Consider it a new years resolution. ;-p

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 21, 2005
  9. Let's see OJ running through airports with it. :)

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 22, 2005
  10. I'm lucky then, picked up an HPzv6130us, 15.4"/512MB/128(dedicated
    vidram)/80GB hd/2Ghz Athlon 64 with a DVDRW drive for $900 at Staples! Loaded
    WinXP x64 edition and found all the drivers, except for DVD burning. I'm
    psyched!

    =?Utf-8?B?R2FyeTEyMTg=?=, Nov 24, 2005