Cruise and Patric duped us in Narc

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by R G, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. R G

    R G Guest

    In the DVD version of the movie Narc it looks like Jason Patric and
    Tom Cruise played a practical joke. At the end of the movie the actor
    playing the Nick Tellis character actually switches back and forth
    repeatedly between Patric and Cruise. It works because of the beard
    and hat.

    You can have fun debating with your friends all night which exact
    shots are Patric and which are Cruise. We first see Cruise after Ray
    Liotta has been interrogating Busta Rhymes and then goes out to the
    car. On my DVD this is the very beginning of scene 13 at 115 minutes.
    We first see Cruise, but then the next shot quickly switches back to
    Patric (very tricky). After the Tellis character runs to shut the blue
    door and then runs over to Busta Rhymes it is most obviously Cruise
    playing the character. You can even tell by the voice when he says the
    line "Look me in the eyes."

    It remains Cruise for a while, but then switches back to Patric right
    before the scene cuts to Liotta opening the trunk of the car (with the
    line "cause he was dead").

    It's Cruise again when Busta Rhymes is telling the story about the
    tunnel (about 118 minutes 24 seconds), but then suddenly Patric again.

    During the scene between the two cops outside of the building it is
    very difficult to tell who is playing Tellis. It seems to switch back
    and forth.

    At the end of the movie after Liotta dies, it is Cruise that stands
    up.

    The key is to watch the nose. Patric's nose is completely straight and
    Cruise's has a bump. Cruise's face also has a slightly different
    shape, and he is a little shorter.

    Is this just a practical joke, or merely a ploy to get more people to
    rent the movie? Either way have fun trying to figure it out, because
    it isn't easy. I don't know if we were the first people to notice
    this, but we couldn't find any other references to it on the web.
    R G, Jan 14, 2004

  2. R G

    Dogger Guest

    (R G) wrote in message news:<>...
    > In the DVD version of the movie Narc it looks like Jason Patric and
    > Tom Cruise played a practical joke. At the end of the movie the actor
    > playing the Nick Tellis character actually switches back and forth
    > repeatedly between Patric and Cruise. It works because of the beard
    > and hat.
    >
    > You can have fun debating with your friends all night which exact
    > shots are Patric and which are Cruise. We first see Cruise after Ray
    > Liotta has been interrogating Busta Rhymes and then goes out to the
    > car. On my DVD this is the very beginning of scene 13 at 115 minutes.
    > We first see Cruise, but then the next shot quickly switches back to
    > Patric (very tricky). After the Tellis character runs to shut the blue
    > door and then runs over to Busta Rhymes it is most obviously Cruise
    > playing the character. You can even tell by the voice when he says the
    > line "Look me in the eyes."
    >
    > It remains Cruise for a while, but then switches back to Patric right
    > before the scene cuts to Liotta opening the trunk of the car (with the
    > line "cause he was dead").
    >
    > It's Cruise again when Busta Rhymes is telling the story about the
    > tunnel (about 118 minutes 24 seconds), but then suddenly Patric again.
    >
    > During the scene between the two cops outside of the building it is
    > very difficult to tell who is playing Tellis. It seems to switch back
    > and forth.
    >
    > At the end of the movie after Liotta dies, it is Cruise that stands
    > up.
    >
    > The key is to watch the nose. Patric's nose is completely straight and
    > Cruise's has a bump. Cruise's face also has a slightly different
    > shape, and he is a little shorter.
    >
    > Is this just a practical joke, or merely a ploy to get more people to
    > rent the movie? Either way have fun trying to figure it out, because
    > it isn't easy. I don't know if we were the first people to notice
    > this, but we couldn't find any other references to it on the web.

    Dream on.

    DB.
    Dogger, Jan 15, 2004