    changed reddish. I tried to adjust the display settings but it doesn't
    work. Your help will be appreciated………..

    Thanks in advance.
    sam, Sep 22, 2008

  2. On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 05:29:53 -0700, sam aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I had been using my CRT monitor as a TV display, connected with a TV
    > Tuner Card. After one year the picture color of the monitor has been
    > changed reddish. I tried to adjust the display settings but it doesn't
    > work. Your help will be appreciated………..
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    One of the guns is dieing. Replaceing it will prolly be cheaper than
    repairing it.

    §ñühwØ£f, Sep 22, 2008

  3. sam <> wrote in

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I had been using my CRT monitor as a TV display, connected with
    > a TV Tuner Card. After one year the picture color of the monitor
    > has been changed reddish. I tried to adjust the display settings
    > but it doesn't work. Your help will be appreciated………..
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    What do you need help with, "sam"?

    Perhaps some moral support or grief counseling?

    Please be seated comfortably and take care to remember to breathe in
    through your nose and out through your mouth... Let's try that a couple of
    time for practice and conditioning, OK... <inhale deeply through your nose
    and deep down to your solar plexis and imagine your belly participating...
    as you breathe inward as deeply as possible... that's good... that's
    good... a little more... now... better even... keep it up... practice makes
    perfect... now there you are> <pause-enjoy-pause-reflect...> <NOW... exhale
    fully - but completely... slowly now... deliberatively... fully...
    outwards using only your mouth...> There now, try that a couple of times
    until it's comfortable and nearly habitual...

    Are you relaxed, or at least relaxing, sam? Think "out with the negative
    processes; and, in with the clear, clean, new processes..." as you continue
    to breathe as we've been practicing... methodically... deliberately...
    deliberatively... inhale via your nose and exhale via your mouth...
    deeply... deeply... more deeply... ever more deeply now... habitually...
    deliberately... nice... very nice... you feel your feet becoming lighter
    now... now your hands... this enlightened almost floating sensation is
    slowly traveling inward to your solar plexis as you continue your
    breathing... inhale... exhale...

    The flowing sensation of weightlessness advancing from your outermost
    extremities inward, ever inward, enveloping your solar plexis... you feel a
    peaceful sensation flowing over your entire organism in the form of a
    "figure-8"; as if the energy within the "figure-8" is traveling at the
    speed of light; the image of the energy within the "figure-8" emanates it's
    own color spectrum, but mostly appears a sort of bluish with flashes of
    reddish-orange, but mostly a cool-relaxing-bluish, ever traveling, never
    without motion... motion traveling as if writing the numeral "8", the "8"
    revolving around it's center-point slowly like a descending feather from
    the sky... but you don't feel as if you're falling, rather like floating
    endlessly... randomly and all directions but the "figure-8" itself is
    revolving about it's own intersecting axis and slowly but rhythmically
    free-floating, floating freely, almost weightlessly, perhaps to the tune of
    a lullaby your dear mother used to sing as you drifted into a dazy, warm,
    comfortable and secure sleepy-dazy-dreamy-state...

    That's the universe hugging you, sam. It's telling you everything is going
    to be all right. It's assuring you that everything is as it should be.
    It's reassuring you that everything of the seemingly least significance has
    a profound purpose in the infinite plan of the never-ending universe...
    And now you can handle anything, you are prepared to handle anything,
    everything, any situation, any crisis, any problem, anything that occurs is
    designed for you to demonstrate your God-given ability to master it...

    Now, here it is, sam... You are ready for this... You can handle this...
    You may not have expected this, but no matter whatsoever, it is your
    destiny, your divine purpose to take charge and overcome, yea, even unto
    being the master of all things in this temporal world, oh ye child of the
    universe:

    Your fucking monitor is dying on its way to dead! And there is NO monitor
    heaven, sam. It ain't happenin'! It was probably a Koren-made piece of
    shit. Or Taiwan. Or Singapore. Some rice-burning third-world hole where
    they use slave labor and burn poop for electricity... where they eat dead
    babies for dinner and live monkey-brains for desert. Get over it! Get a
    LCD. Get a big-ass LCD! LCDs are cheap now. And if you shop wisely using
    Google search, you can not only get a good price on your shiney new LCD
    monitor and expedited/insured shipping but also cheat all your local
    governments out of justly leveled sales taxes. It's a win-win-win... for
    you, for the company selling the LCDs and for the universe! Your local
    governments? **** them! They're wasting your money on nepotic hiring and
    promotion practices anyway. Think of it like helping some fat-assed idiot
    go out and get a real job. Ahh... now see how the universe smiles. Keep
    doing this right and maybe some lightening or a blizzard will strike your
    city hall and you can go loot some brand new computer equipment.

    Have a nice life, sam.

    HTH.

    --

    I *am* Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and *I* approved this message!

    http://a-little-pussy-makes-me-happy.notlong.com/
    Bucky Breeder, Sep 22, 2008
  4. sam

    chuckcar Guest

    sam <> wrote in

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I had been using my CRT monitor as a TV display, connected with a TV
    > Tuner Card. After one year the picture color of the monitor has been
    > changed reddish. I tried to adjust the display settings but it doesn't
    > work. Your help will be appreciated………..
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Try degausing the monitor. There should be a control marked like a U
    magnet with a lightning bolt through it. The monitor display should shake
    for a second when it's done. IF that doesn't fix it make sure the vga
    cable is secure and if so, replace the monitor.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 23, 2008
  5. "§ñühwØ£f" <> wrote in message

    > One of the guns is dieing. Replaceing it will prolly be cheaper than
    > repairing it.

    Replacing what? The whole monitor or the electron gun?
    Stacey Chuffo, Sep 23, 2008
  6. "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 05:29:53 -0700 (PDT), sam <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>
    >>I had been using my CRT monitor as a TV display, connected with a TV
    >>Tuner Card. After one year the picture color of the monitor has been
    >>changed reddish. I tried to adjust the display settings but it doesn't
    >>work. Your help will be appreciated.....
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance.

    > Apply a healthy dose of butter and Jelly.
    > Trash the thing and buy yourself a known name brand LCD.
    > Having done so you will come to find out your next motnh's electric
    > bill will have dropped tremendously.

    Uh, no St00pid, it is not a guarantee that LCD displays use less power than
    their CRT counterparts.

    Stacey Chuffo, Sep 23, 2008

  7. > "sam" <> wrote in message news:cf4dc022-61d5-44cf-8286-
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I had been using my CRT monitor as a TV display, connected with a TV
    > Tuner Card. After one year the picture color of the monitor has been
    > changed reddish. I tried to adjust the display settings but it doesn't
    > work. Your help will be appreciated………..
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Monitors often work like new after you smack them up.
    Stacey Chuffo, Sep 23, 2008
  8. On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 02:21:09 -0700, Stacey Chuffo aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > "§ñühwØ£f" <> wrote in message
    >

    >> One of the guns is dieing. Replaceing it will prolly be cheaper than
    >> repairing it.
    >>

    > Replacing what? The whole monitor or the electron gun?

    Pretty much *any* component in a CRT monitor is gonna cost you a good
    penny, mate.
    Not only do the repair shops not want to work on em they dont want em when
    you say "**** it all then, keep tha bastid".

    §ñühwØ£f, Sep 23, 2008
  9. "§ñühwØ£f" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 02:21:09 -0700, Stacey Chuffo aided th' terraists with
    > the following claims :
    >

    >> "§ñühwØ£f" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >>> One of the guns is dieing. Replaceing it will prolly be cheaper than
    >>> repairing it.
    >>>

    >> Replacing what? The whole monitor or the electron gun?

    > Pretty much *any* component in a CRT monitor is gonna cost you a good
    > penny, mate.
    > Not only do the repair shops not want to work on em they dont want em when
    > you say "**** it all then, keep tha bastid".

    Of course, the problems described could be caused by impurites in the
    picture tube (during manufacturing) that could be shorting out the electron
    gun. To get rid of those impurities, just take out the CRT, smack Samantha
    Wise in her big ass and then put the CRT back in. If that doesn't work, then
    just take out the CRT and bust it over Samantha Wise's head.

    Stacey Chuffo, Sep 26, 2008