    +automatic net/sharing setup?
    thanks in advance

    , Feb 12, 2009

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > is there a floppy to boot (a win 2000ntfs) pc and immediately set up
    > on it tcp,workgroup,ip address and file sharing on it's c: disk in
    > order to access it with win xp-perhaps some combination of dos+ntfs4dos
    > +automatic net/sharing setup?
    > thanks in advance

    It's hard to fit the drivers required on a floppy. You'd use a CD instead.
    Perhaps a linux CD.

    What exactly is it you are trying to accomplish?

    Patrick Keenan, Feb 12, 2009

  3. PeeCee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > is there a floppy to boot (a win 2000ntfs) pc and immediately set up
    > on it tcp,workgroup,ip address and file sharing on it's c: disk in
    > order to access it with win xp-perhaps some combination of dos+ntfs4dos
    > +automatic net/sharing setup?
    > thanks in advance

    The simple answer is no.
    Build yourself a UBCD for Windows CD
    http://www.ubcd4win.com/
    Or try a Bootable Linux CD.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Feb 12, 2009
  4. Guest

    "" <> wrote:

    >is there a floppy to boot (a win 2000ntfs) pc and immediately set up
    >on it tcp,workgroup,ip address and file sharing on it's c: disk in
    >order to access it with win xp-perhaps some combination of dos+ntfs4dos
    >+automatic net/sharing setup?
    >thanks in advance

    Novell Dos will, but be kinda hard to use it to boot win2000. Just use
    NTFS4DOS to read a NTFS volume and not worry abut Win2K booting.
    www.freewarefiles.com/NTFSDOS-readwrite-NTFS-From-DOS_program_11100.html

    --

    BOYCOTT KELLOGS!
    http://tinyurl.com/agbnz6

    SUPPORT SUBWAY!
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2009/02/subway-supports.html

    , Feb 12, 2009
  5. why? Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:13:13 -0800 (PST), wrote:

    >is there a floppy to boot (a win 2000ntfs) pc and immediately set up

    Better with CD and yes lots. We have these for booting systems to
    reimage from an image server.

    We made custom versions using BartPE from
    http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

    >on it tcp,workgroup,ip address and file sharing on it's c: disk in
    >order to access it with win xp-perhaps some combination of dos+ntfs4dos
    >+automatic net/sharing setup?

    A floppy will work, if you keep the nic drivers to the minimum and not a
    lot of utils, i.e. TCP/IP , workgroup login and sharing.

    >thanks in advance

    Me

    why?, Feb 12, 2009
  6. Guest

    On Feb 11, 7:53 pm, "Patrick Keenan" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > is there a floppy to boot (a win 2000ntfs) pc and immediately set up
    > > on it tcp,workgroup,ip address and file sharing on it's c: disk in
    > > order to access it with win xp-perhaps some combination of dos+ntfs4dos
    > > +automatic net/sharing setup?
    > > thanks in advance

    > It's hard to fit the drivers required on a floppy. You'd use a CD instead.
    > Perhaps a linux CD.
    >
    > What exactly is it you are trying to accomplish?

    Well
    what is needed is a floppy that is going to boot the pc and load
    everything that is necessary to enable access(read) off it's ntfs hdd,
    by the win xp attached to it with a crosover cable&tcp(or ipx or maybe
    netbios is enough)
    I guess dos+ntfs4dos+ethernet network drivers could do the job but
    what should autoexec.bat and config.sys sys look like- to set
    everything up so that no keyboard input whatsoever is going to be
    needed(actually there is no keyboard or monitor attached)
    Perhaps as an alternative a parallel port direct cable connection
    software boot floppy could do the trick as long it requires no
    keyboard typing

    , Feb 13, 2009