cross-processed look

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike Henley, Jul 7, 2006.

  1. Mike Henley

    Mike Henley Guest

    Mike Henley, Jul 7, 2006

  2. Mike Henley

    Bill K Guest

    Mike Henley wrote:
    > Look at these piccies. The composition is not awing, but the
    > photoshopping turns many of them into gorgeous eye-candy. Who's a
    > wizard here? Care to comment?
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsunaminotes/

    They look nice to me. I see nothing wrong with the composition.
    --
    Bill in Lake Charles

    Bill K, Jul 7, 2006

  3. Mike Henley

    Frank ess Guest

    Bill K wrote:
    > Mike Henley wrote:
    >> Look at these piccies. The composition is not awing, but the
    >> photoshopping turns many of them into gorgeous eye-candy. Who's a
    >> wizard here? Care to comment?
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsunaminotes/

    > They look nice to me. I see nothing wrong with the composition.

    Piccies. Sure.

    Awing. What?

    Eye-candy. At a certain level there is something interesting about
    them; at another, it's a one-trick pony, the trick being tricks.

    Wizard. Paying no attention to the man behind the curtain.

    Comment? Done.

    --
    Frank ess
    Experience makes us see an enormous difference between piety and

    Frank ess, Jul 7, 2006
  4. Mike Henley

    Guest

    Mike Henley wrote:
    > Look at these piccies. The composition is not awing, but the
    > photoshopping turns many of them into gorgeous eye-candy. Who's a
    > wizard here? Care to comment?
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsunaminotes/

    Mostly stupid crap. What else is new?

    , Jul 7, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    "Mike Henley" <> wrote:

    > Look at these piccies. The composition is not awing, but the
    > photoshopping turns many of them into gorgeous eye-candy. Who's a
    > wizard here? Care to comment?
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsunaminotes/

    This kind of Photoshopping is fine in small doses. Force it upon every
    photo and it gets old in a hurry.

    I admit to heavily Photoshopping some images but it's to recreate an
    emotion or vision not captured by my photography skills. I consider my
    adjustments a success if it feels right and the image looks natural.
    Usually it's altering the white balance, applying a large diameter
    unsharp mask, tweaking the RGB midpoints, and maybe shifting some colors.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Jul 8, 2006
  6. Mike Henley

    Matt Clara Guest

    wrote:
    > Mike Henley wrote:
    > > Look at these piccies. The composition is not awing, but the
    > > photoshopping turns many of them into gorgeous eye-candy. Who's a
    > > wizard here? Care to comment?
    > >
    > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsunaminotes/

    > Mostly stupid crap. What else is new?

    I like this one: