  1. I wanted to know more about this. I guess this facility is being
    provided to use. If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
    considered. Please advice.

    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 22, 2010

  2. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    > I wanted to know more about this.

    Google is your friend

    >I guess this facility is being provided to use.

    Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.

    >If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
    > considered. Please advice.

    Google cross posting netequette

    Desk Rabbit, Dec 22, 2010

  3. On Dec 22, 5:29 pm, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    > On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    >
    > > I wanted to know more about this.

    > Google is your friend
    >
    > >I guess this facility is being provided to use.

    > Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.
    >
    > >If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
    > > considered. Please advice.

    > Google cross posting netequette

    Thanks for the terms. Found the following links
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-posting

    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 22, 2010
  4. On Dec 22, 5:29 pm, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    > On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    >
    > > I wanted to know more about this.

    > Google is your friend
    >
    > >I guess this facility is being provided to use.

    > Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.
    >
    > >If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
    > > considered. Please advice.

    > Google cross posting netequette

    More links for references on cross posting
    http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.html
    http://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/general.html
    http://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 22, 2010
  5. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:

    > On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    >> I wanted to know more about this.

    > Google is your friend
    >
    >>I guess this facility is being provided to use.

    > Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.
    >
    >>If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
    >> considered. Please advice.

    > Google cross posting netequette

    Or even netiquette.

    Aardvark, Dec 22, 2010
  6. How to reference closed groups

    On Dec 22, 6:09 pm, "Ganesh J. Acharya" <>
    wrote:
    > On Dec 22, 5:29 pm, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    >
    > > On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

    > > > I wanted to know more about this.

    > > Google is your friend

    > > >I guess this facility is being provided to use.

    > > Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.

    > > >If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
    > > > considered. Please advice.

    > > Google cross posting netequette

    > More links for references on cross postinghttp://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.htmlhttp://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.htmlhttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htmhttp://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/general.htmlhttp://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

    In case of posting "closed groups" extracts publicly, how much can be
    referenced and are there any other points to consider?

    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 22, 2010
  7. Ganesh J. Acharya

    floffy Guest

    wrote:

    >On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    >> I wanted to know more about this.

    >Google is your friend
    >

    >Google cross posting netequette

    Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

    floffy, Dec 22, 2010
  8. On Dec 22, 6:20 pm, "floffy" <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    > >> I wanted to know more about this.

    > >Google is your friend

    > >Google cross posting netequette

    > Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

    That is with regards to USENET, now days one can post to multiple
    places outside of USENET to get responses.

    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 22, 2010
  9. On Dec 22, 6:22 pm, "Ganesh J. Acharya" <>
    wrote:
    > On Dec 22, 6:20 pm, "floffy" <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit <>
    > > wrote:

    > > >Google is your friend

    > > >Google cross posting netequette

    > > Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

    > That is with regards to USENET, now days one can post to multiple
    > places outside of USENET to get responses.

    Also, what are the ethics w.r.t. changing Subject titles. While
    posting using google groups, I often loose the context to the original
    post. A solution would be keeping part of the old subject intact e.g.
    "Cross posting" would become "Cross..:New subject". Is there a proper
    method to do these. As we start getting newer queries those are
    related to the current discussion.

    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 22, 2010
  10. Cross posting: Changing Subject

    > Also, what are the ethics w.r.t. changing Subject titles. While
    > posting using google groups, I often loose the context to the original
    > post. A solution would be keeping part of the old subject intact e.g.
    > "Cross posting" would become "Cross..:New subject". Is there a proper
    > method to do these. As we start getting newer queries those are
    > related to the current discussion.

    But are sometimes completely different to the current thread.

    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 22, 2010
  11. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:19:55 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

    > On Dec 22, 6:09 pm, "Ganesh J. Acharya" <>
    > wrote:

    >> > Google is your friend

    >> > Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.

    >> > Google cross posting netequette

    >> More links for references on cross
    >> postinghttp://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.htmlhttp://

    lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.htmlhttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/
    mul_crss.htmhttp://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/general.htmlhttp://
    www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

    > In case of posting "closed groups" extracts publicly, how much can be
    > referenced and are there any other points to consider?

    Google 'fair use'.

    Please don't change the subject of a post. It fucks with the threading in
    some peoples' news readers.

    Aardvark, Dec 22, 2010
  12. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:20:37 -0500, floffy wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    >>> I wanted to know more about this.

    >>Google is your friend
    >>

    >>Google cross posting netequette

    > Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

    The playground contradicts the directed language. The inform justice errs
    on top of a fool. The fantastic regime boots this therapy behind the
    asserting actor. A jelly foots the receiver.

    FYI
    HTH
    HAND

    Aardvark, Dec 22, 2010
  13. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Aardvark Guest

    Re: Cross posting: Changing Subject

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:30:27 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

    >> Also, what are the ethics w.r.t. changing Subject titles. While posting
    >> using google groups, I often loose the context to the original post. A
    >> solution would be keeping part of the old subject intact e.g. "Cross
    >> posting" would become "Cross..:New subject". Is there a proper method
    >> to do these. As we start getting newer queries those are related to the
    >> current discussion.

    > But are sometimes completely different to the current thread.

    STOP CHANGING THE FUCKING SUBJECT LINE.

    Aardvark, Dec 22, 2010
  14. On Dec 22, 6:32 pm, Aardvark <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:19:55 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    > > On Dec 22, 6:09 pm, "Ganesh J. Acharya" <>
    > > wrote:

    > >> More links for references on cross
    > >> postinghttp://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.htmlhttp://

    > lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.htmlhttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/
    > mul_crss.htmhttp://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/general.htmlhttp://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html
    >

    > > In case of posting "closed groups" extracts publicly, how much can be
    > > referenced and are there any other points to consider?

    > Google 'fair use'.
    >
    > Please don't change the subject of a post. It fucks with the threading in
    > some peoples' news readers.

    Ok. Got it. Should I empty the old message and post a new query with
    in the same thread as for me I want all of them in a single thread to
    remember, and for the people who have new readers with this issue, it
    would look like a newer query?

    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 22, 2010
  15. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:37:59 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

    > On Dec 22, 6:32 pm, Aardvark <> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:19:55 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

    >> lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.htmlhttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/
    >> mul_crss.htmhttp://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/

    general.htmlhttp://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

    >> > In case of posting "closed groups" extracts publicly, how much can be
    >> > referenced and are there any other points to consider?

    >> Google 'fair use'.
    >>
    >> Please don't change the subject of a post. It fucks with the threading
    >> in some peoples' news readers.
    >>

    > Ok. Got it. Should I empty the old message

    Huh?

    > and post a new query with in
    > the same thread as for me I want all of them in a single thread to
    > remember, and for the people who have new readers with this issue,

    Huh?

    > it
    > would look like a newer query?

    You began a thread with a series of questions in mind. After a couple of
    posts you changed the subject line while continuing on with the second in
    your series of questions. There was no need whatsoever for you to do
    that. Having had your first question answered satisfactorily, either
    begin a brand new thread or ask your next question within the first.

    Don't use Google Groups. Use a news reader.

    Aardvark, Dec 22, 2010
  16. On Dec 22, 6:43 pm, Aardvark <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:37:59 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

    > >> lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.htmlhttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/
    > >> mul_crss.htmhttp://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/

    > general.htmlhttp://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

    > >> Google 'fair use'.

    > >> Please don't change the subject of a post. It fucks with the threading
    > >> in some peoples' news readers.

    > > Ok. Got it. Should I empty the old message

    > Huh?
    >
    > > and post a new query with in
    > > the same thread as for me I want all of them in a single thread to
    > > remember, and for the people who have new readers with this issue,

    > Huh?
    >
    > > it
    > > would look like a newer query?

    > You began a thread with a series of questions in mind. After a couple of
    > posts you changed the subject line while continuing on with the second in
    > your series of questions. There was no need whatsoever for you to do
    > that. Having had your first question answered satisfactorily, either
    > begin a brand new thread or ask your next question within the first.
    >
    > Don't use Google Groups. Use a news reader.

    I do not want to loose any of my discussions. Which one is preferred?

    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 22, 2010
  17. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:51:04 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

    > On Dec 22, 6:43 pm, Aardvark <> wrote:

    >> general.htmlhttp://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

    >> > Ok. Got it. Should I empty the old message

    >> Huh?
    >>
    >> > and post a new query with in
    >> > the same thread as for me I want all of them in a single thread to
    >> > remember, and for the people who have new readers with this issue,

    >> Huh?
    >>
    >> > it
    >> > would look like a newer query?

    >> You began a thread with a series of questions in mind. After a couple
    >> of posts you changed the subject line while continuing on with the
    >> second in your series of questions. There was no need whatsoever for
    >> you to do that. Having had your first question answered satisfactorily,
    >> either begin a brand new thread or ask your next question within the
    >> first.
    >>
    >> Don't use Google Groups. Use a news reader.
    >>

    > I do not want to loose any of my discussions.

    I have no idea what you mean.

    > Which one is preferred?

    Which one of what is preferred?

    Aardvark, Dec 22, 2010
  18. Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

    > Also, what are the ethics w.r.t. changing Subject titles.

    At best, it is annoying. At worst, you break threading in lesser
    newsreaders.

    > While posting using google groups, I often loose the context

    English may not be your first language. The word is lose, not loose. The
    word loose means "not tight"; lose means "gone missing."

    > to the original post. A solution would be keeping part of the old
    > subject intact e.g. "Cross posting" would become "Cross..:New
    > subject". Is there a proper method to do these. As we start getting
    > newer queries those are related to the current discussion.

    The solution is to start a new thread for a new topic. The *real*
    solution is to subscribe to Usenet and dump Google Groups. You are in
    the killfiles of many.

    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 22, 2010
  19. Ganesh J. Acharya

    gangle Guest

    "Aardvark" wrote
    > On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:20:37 -0500, floffy wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Google is your friend
    >>>

    >>>Google cross posting netequette

    >> Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

    > The playground contradicts the directed language. The inform justice
    > errs
    > on top of a fool. The fantastic regime boots this therapy behind the
    > asserting actor. A jelly foots the receiver.

    Please to now on to the rock swiftly. Bruce!

    --
    If you eat shit, you will eventually shit shit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNfTkAEoEYY&feature=channel

    gangle, Dec 22, 2010
  20. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 06:22:18 -0800, gangle wrote:

    > "Aardvark" wrote
    >> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:20:37 -0500, floffy wrote:

    >>> Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

    >> The playground contradicts the directed language. The inform justice
    >> errs
    >> on top of a fool. The fantastic regime boots this therapy behind the
    >> asserting actor. A jelly foots the receiver.

    > Please to now on to the rock swiftly. Bruce!

    Hey! You speak floffy-ese too!

    Aardvark, Dec 22, 2010