    I am guessing that cross posting is posting the same question in different
    newsgroups?

    I read a couple of postings that might indicate that cross posting is "rude"

    Next, May 20, 2004

  2. Next

    Mike Guest

    It can be.

    I think most of the people read both the MCAD and MCSD
    boards. Not sur eabout the others so it might not be
    as "rude".

    People that incessantly ask questions that are plainly
    answered on the MS certification pages are in my opinion
    more "rude" than cross posters.

    Mike, May 20, 2004

  3. Next

    Eric Guest

    Next wrote:

    > I am guessing that cross posting is posting the same question in
    > different newsgroups?
    >
    > I read a couple of postings that might indicate that cross posting is
    > "rude"

    Most of us *hate* seeing the same question in different groups. How
    many times do you expect me to answer the same question?

    Eric

    Eric, May 20, 2004
  4. >How
    >many times do you expect me to answer the same question?

    Exactly. There is only so many times you can call cobol an assfucker.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 20, 2004
  5. Next

    Mike Guest

    Nice :)

    Mike, May 20, 2004
  6. Next

    Guest Guest

    Who says you have to answer the same question again? If you reply in one
    group, it will show in both groups.

    Guest, May 21, 2004
  7. In news: ,
    Next <aeverettNO^*jg^_junk..com> wrote:
    > I am guessing that cross posting is posting the same question in
    > different newsgroups?
    >
    > I read a couple of postings that might indicate that cross posting is
    > "rude"

    Hi AEverett,

    There's "cross-posting" and "multi-posting."

    Cross-posting is when you create one message and put more than one newsgroup
    in the Newsgroups: box. To do this in OE you can use the hidden "button"
    under the word Newsgroups in the upper left of the message window. The
    default behavior for cross-posting is for all the messages to show up
    everywhere. Cross-posting to 2 or 3 relevant groups is not rude, but
    cross-posting to everything under the sun is considered rude.

    Multi-posting is posting the exact same message individual times to more
    than one newsgroup. Someone may read in one newsgroup and spend time
    preparing an answer without knowing that the question has been adequately
    answered in another group. I think this is definitely rude, but often
    newbies don't know how to cross-post, so they're forgiven.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, May 21, 2004
  8. >Cross-posting to 2 or 3 relevant groups is not rude, but
    >cross-posting to everything under the sun is considered rude.

    Absolutely, with the emphasis on 'relevant'.

    >Multi-posting is posting the exact same message individual times to more
    >than one newsgroup. Someone may read in one newsgroup and spend time
    >preparing an answer without knowing that the question has been adequately
    >answered in another group. I think this is definitely rude, but often
    >newbies don't know how to cross-post, so they're forgiven.

    Nah, those newbies should be tortured, for a while a least!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 21, 2004
  9. Next

    Eric Guest

    <WKidd> wrote:

    > Who says you have to answer the same question again? If you reply in
    > one group, it will show in both groups.

    I hadn't noticed... but it's still a distraction...

    Eric

    Eric, May 21, 2004