    TIA

    Tom

    ---

    thomas f, Aug 4, 2004

  2. thomas f

    MikeS Guest

    "thomas f" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hopefully I'm in the correct NG!
    >
    > A friend wants to crop photos using a ROUND crop tool? He uses Paintshop

    Pro
    > and I use Photoshop but the crop tool is square in both programs.
    >
    > Is there a way around this or can someone suggest a program which has this
    > function.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Tom
    >

    > ---
    >
    > I think you need the Eliptical marquee tool this can be used as eliptical

    or round depending on how you use it.
    As there is no such thing as round paper except for CD labels you have to
    make a selection round the image with the eliptical or round marching ants
    then select inverse on the selection tool and fill in with what ever colour
    you want white can be effective background. read your manual on marquee
    tool.
    MikeS

    MikeS, Aug 4, 2004

  3. thomas f

    Bob Williams Guest

    thomas f wrote:
    > Hopefully I'm in the correct NG!
    >
    > A friend wants to crop photos using a ROUND crop tool? He uses Paintshop Pro
    > and I use Photoshop but the crop tool is square in both programs.
    >
    > Is there a way around this or can someone suggest a program which has this
    > function.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Tom

    In Photoshop, use the elliptical marquee tool but hold down the SHIFT
    key while dragging your cursor.
    This constrains the ellipse to a circle.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Aug 4, 2004
  4. "thomas f" <> wrote in message
    > Hopefully I'm in the correct NG!
    >
    > A friend wants to crop photos using a ROUND crop tool? He uses Paintshop

    Pro
    > and I use Photoshop but the crop tool is square in both programs.
    >
    > Is there a way around this or can someone suggest a program which has this
    > function.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Tom

    In PSP, you can select a round area. Copy the selection to a new canvas,
    with a white background. Print.

    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 4, 2004