    Many programs can resize pictures, but then the picture is slightly
    stretched and /or compressed in some direction.

    Morgan O.
    Morgan Ohlson, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Morgan Ohlson

    dylan Guest

    Use Copy and then Paste new image in PSP, will show crop size at bottom of
    screen as you set up area to copy. When resizing tell the software to keep
    maintain aspect ratio then it won't stretch or compress..

    "Morgan Ohlson" <> wrote in message
    > Are there any programs that can define both length and hight exactly to
    > manually given amounts.
    >
    > I guess this could be done so that the user get a crop frame of the given
    > size which can be moved around on the picture to place it best in the

    image.

    dylan, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Morgan Ohlson

    Trev Guest

    > Are there any programs that can define both length and hight exactly

    > manually given amounts.
    >
    > I guess this could be done so that the user get a crop frame of the

    given
    > size which can be moved around on the picture to place it best in the

    image.

    > Many programs can resize pictures, but then the picture is slightly
    > stretched and /or compressed in some direction.
    >

    > Morgan O.

    You are resizing to a different aspect ratio then. Any medium to good
    editor can do it providing you now what your doing. Tell what
    application your using and some one will give you the instructions.
    Popular print sizes such as 6 ox 4 or 10 ox 8 have different width to
    height ratios and even different to digital cameras and film so you can
    not just change to 6x 4 with out cropping a bit of to get the correct
    aspect
    Trev, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Morgan Ohlson

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:17:08 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "dylan"
    <> wrote:

    >Use Copy and then Paste new image in PSP, will show crop size at bottom of
    >screen as you set up area to copy. When resizing tell the software to keep
    >maintain aspect ratio then it won't stretch or compress..

    Actually, V 8 of PSP directly supports setting pixel sizes of the crop. For
    V7 I would recommend the free Fotocrop add-in, IICR the name. I ditched it
    after upgrading to V8. Current version is 8.1 fwiw.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam
    Ed Ruf, Jan 18, 2004
  5. On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 08:35:50 GMT, "Morgan Ohlson"
    <> wrote:

    >Are there any programs that can define both length and hight exactly to
    >manually given amounts.

    In Photoshop CS (I'm sure it's the same in the earlier versions), you
    can use the Marquee tool to select the crop you want (instead of using
    the crop tool.
    When using the Marquee tool, you can select either specific
    height/width settings or an aspect ratio - f.x. 2:3.
    Then you can select what you want cropped.

    I use this technique when I want crops with 2:3 aspect ratio - they
    are perfect for printing.

    /Niels
    Niels J. Larsen, Jan 18, 2004
  6. Morgan Ohlson

    Mark Herring Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Are there any programs that can define both length and hight exactly to
    >manually given amounts.
    >
    >I guess this could be done so that the user get a crop frame of the given
    >size which can be moved around on the picture to place it best in the image.
    >
    >Many programs can resize pictures, but then the picture is slightly
    >stretched and /or compressed in some direction.
    >

    >Morgan O.

    Photoshop (at least in 6) allows you to set any combo of crop
    dimensions and PPI
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".
    Mark Herring, Jan 18, 2004