    thom Guest

    Has it been released yet? I checked HMV, Future Shop and a few other
    stores this afternoon. No sign of it.
    thom, Oct 4, 2003

  2. thom

    Paul Guest

    > Has it been released yet? I checked HMV, Future Shop and a few other
    > stores this afternoon. No sign of it.

    THE BROOD was released about a month ago, but AFAIK is a US-only release (I
    think the rights are owned by another company in Canada maybe?). I had to
    order mine from Amazon.ca.

    Paul
    Paul, Oct 4, 2003

  3. thom

    RobertL Guest

    Typical of most Canadian-produced genre films, we north-of-the-border have
    to order our discs from the U.S. I had a friend in PA pick up "The Brood"
    for me, ditto "Rabid' and "Shivers" (I've seen a "Scanners" import at HMV
    for about $27C). Cronenberg is hardly an obscure filmmaker, you'd think
    someone up here would like to make a few bucks off his many fanas and work
    out the details...

    RobertL, Oct 13, 2003
  4. thom

    nomis Guest

    In article
    <UJzib.319301$>,
    "RobertL" <> wrote:

    > Typical of most Canadian-produced genre films, we north-of-the-border have
    > to order our discs from the U.S. I had a friend in PA pick up "The Brood"
    > for me, ditto "Rabid' and "Shivers" (I've seen a "Scanners" import at HMV
    > for about $27C). Cronenberg is hardly an obscure filmmaker, you'd think
    > someone up here would like to make a few bucks off his many fanas and work
    > out the details...
    >
    > "thom" <> wrote in message
    > > Has it been released yet? I checked HMV, Future Shop and a few other
    > > stores this afternoon. No sign of it.

    Actually, it's probably BECAUSE they're noth of the 49 productions we
    aren't getting these discs. The rights up here probably don't belong to
    MGM (or whoever distrubutes them states-side). I'd wager it's Alliance
    Atlantis up here.

    AA has been pretty good about releasing Cronenberg films as SEs up here,
    so maybe the Brood, et al. are planned for something
    special...eventually.

    At least Naked Lunch will be a CC edition. Still expensive for us
    Canucks, but it'll be worth it.

    nomis

    http://www.oozingbrain.com

    home to _Withered Spirits: The Works of Terry Lamsley_
    and _The Big F Webpage_ (diehards unite!)
    nomis, Oct 14, 2003