CRM in a Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBQ?=, Dec 3, 2006.

  1. Can I deploy CRM in a Virtual hosted Machine. Installing in Small Business
    Server that is hosted as a virtual machine?

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBQ?=, Dec 3, 2006

  2. Richard P wrote:

    >Can I deploy CRM in a Virtual hosted Machine. Installing in Small Business
    >Server that is hosted as a virtual machine?

    Assuming the virtual machine is "chunky" enough, yes.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Dec 3, 2006

  3. With an important caveat - Premium Edition isn't supported in a virtual
    machine because of the ISA component. :(

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 4, 2006
  4. Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    >With an important caveat - Premium Edition isn't supported in a virtual
    >machine because of the ISA component. :(

    There's a CRM Premium Edition that has an ISA component? <g>

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Dec 4, 2006
  5. OP: "Installing in Small Business Server that is hosted as a virtual
    machine?"

    So, since SBS is clearly just a component of CRM...

    <G>

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 5, 2006
  6. CRM is supported inside SBS, but can I install both inside a Virtual Machine
    for my production? Currently running SBS inside a virtual machine. Any
    pointers to look out for (positives, negatives)?

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBQ?=, Dec 6, 2006
  7. Yes, you can install both. You'll need to configure your virtual machine to
    have sufficient resources that it won't be starved by adding CRM to the mix.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 6, 2006