    to crl.verisign.com.

    Is that OK. Is is for Window update or something?

    any thoughts?

    dontb, Jul 16, 2004

  2. dontb <> wrote:

    > I get a IP transmission from my computer at start and occasionaly thereafter
    > to crl.verisign.com.
    >
    > Is that OK. Is is for Window update or something?
    >
    > any thoughts?

    verisign is holds all the .com, net, cc and tv addresses see here.

    http://www.verisign.com/nds/naming/

    so the sight is clean as you where, i would of though that it is a
    harmless transmission, though giving your computer a sweap with a virus
    checker wouldn't hurt.

    Roger

    Roger Merriman, Jul 16, 2004

  3. dontb

    C Colon Guest

    "dontb" <> wrote in message news:<izGJc.3040$Zr.1113@okepread01>...
    > I get a IP transmission from my computer at start and occasionaly thereafter
    > to crl.verisign.com.
    >
    > Is that OK. Is is for Window update or something?
    >
    > any thoughts?

    Is your site visiting a SSL enabled site - i.e. do you see a lock
    image at the bottom bar of your browser. In which case, your browser
    is searching the Certificate Revocation List (CRL) at Verisign
    (assuming Verisign is the certification authority - check by double
    clicking the lock). No reason to worry,

    Regards
    C:\>
    Kindly post replies to