Critique my photo please

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hamilton Rose, Oct 18, 2003.

  1. Hamilton Rose, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Hamilton Rose

    Nick S Guest

    Hamilton Rose wrote:
    > http://community.webshots.com/photo/95368009/95368306aXBRkG

    I think you enjoyed taking those!
    I liked the Morning Stretch shot - reminded me of a Meerkat on look-out
    duty!
    What camera? The focus looks a little soft on some of the shots - guess
    you are playing with a long lens and a narrow depth of field...
    Never seen a black squirrel before - not sure if we have them here in
    London, UK!
    Thanks for sharing them. Nick S

    Nick S, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Hamilton Rose

    Markyt Guest

    Markyt, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Hamilton Rose

    Mark B. Guest

    Mark B., Oct 18, 2003
  5. On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:12:56 +0100, "Nick S"
    <> wrote:

    >Hamilton Rose wrote:
    >> http://community.webshots.com/photo/95368009/95368306aXBRkG
    >>

    >I think you enjoyed taking those!

    I did!! :)

    >I liked the Morning Stretch shot - reminded me of a Meerkat on look-out
    >duty!

    Yes it did for me as well but I had never noticed a bird do it before.

    >What camera? The focus looks a little soft on some of the shots - guess
    >you are playing with a long lens and a narrow depth of field...

    An Olympus C-750 UZ and I just recently got it and was trying it out.
    I still have a lot to learn about using it.

    >Never seen a black squirrel before - not sure if we have them here in
    >London, UK!
    >Thanks for sharing them. Nick S

    Your welcome.

    Ms.Jaime
    (Hamilton, Ontario)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/miss_jaime
    ICQ#323721333
    Remove the THORNS to email me.

    Hamilton Rose, Oct 18, 2003
  6. On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 08:47:53 -0400, "Markyt" <>
    wrote:

    >Nice photos, although I agree with Nike in that the images look to be a bit
    >soft. What lense were you using for these? I just picked up a Sigma
    >50-500mm yesterday for my 10D, hope to try it out this weekend doing shots
    >similar to yours.
    >
    >Mark

    I was using my Olympus C-750 UZ

    Hamilton Rose, Oct 18, 2003
  7. On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 08:50:36 -0400, "Mark B."
    <> wrote:

    >Try not to center the subjects so much. It makes the image look somewhat
    >static.
    >
    >Mark

    Thank you. I will keep that in mind.

    Hamilton Rose, Oct 18, 2003