    Player Script Commands (KB828026) Automatic update
    Successful Wednesday, March 03, 2004 Critical Update for Windows Media
    Player Script Commands (KB828026) Automatic update

    William, Mar 6, 2004

  2. William

    Craziness Guest

    "William" <snoid_pdx@_REMOVETOREPLY_yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:Gqq2c.191697$uV3.791083@attbi_s51...
    > This update keeps showing up when I scan for updates on the Windows update
    > page. Installation history now shows it being installed several times. Any
    > ideas why it keeps showing up? I couldn't find anything about it on the
    > microsoft support page.
    >
    > Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026)
    >
    > Successful Friday, March 05, 2004 Critical Update for Windows Media Player
    > Script Commands (KB828026) Automatic update
    > Successful Thursday, March 04, 2004 Critical Update for Windows Media
    > Player Script Commands (KB828026) Automatic update
    > Successful Wednesday, March 03, 2004 Critical Update for Windows Media
    > Player Script Commands (KB828026) Automatic update

    This happened to me all the time too, it even wanted me to do Autowindows
    update, over and over again. I was using a preinstalled Windows pro xp, but
    I reformatted to use what I had, which was home xp. Its weird...I haven't
    had a problem since. But its just a coincidence. Sorry can't help ya, just
    can relate,
    L8r

    Craziness, Mar 6, 2004

  3. William

    °Mike° Guest

    Close IE and clear your temporary internet files from
    Control Panel / Internet Options. Be sure to check
    the box to include all offline content.

    Open Windows Explorer, and navigate to the
    C:\Windows\WUTemp and C:\Windows\msdownld.tmp
    folders. Empty them if they contain anything.

    Go to the 'Downloaded Programs Files' folder, and find
    the Microsoft update ActiveX class. It should be named
    'Update class', and if you right click and choose 'Properties',
    it should point to:
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/ansi/iuctl.CAB
    Right click and choose 'Remove'.

    Next, search your drive (Find / Files) for the following
    two files, and delete them: iuctl.dll and iuengine.dll .

    Lastly, go to the C:\Program Files\WindowsUpdate\V4
    folder and delete everything.

    Now check that your internet zone in Control Panel / Internet
    Options / Security is set to 'Default'.

    Visit Windows Update again.
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

    IMPORTANT: You must disable your antivirus before visiting
    Windows Update, otherwise the iuctl.dll file may not be
    installed, or may be corrupted.

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 20:23:02 GMT, in
    <Gqq2c.191697$uV3.791083@attbi_s51>
    William scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Mar 6, 2004
  4. William

    William Guest

    Didn't seem to work. I still get prompted to install that darn update
    even though it has been installed multiple times.

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    William, Mar 7, 2004
  5. William

    °Mike° Guest

    Visit the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 02:33:53 GMT, in
    <lSv2c.130871$4o.169020@attbi_s52>
    William scrawled: