  1. Posting this new, since my original message seems to have dropped from the
    server. Criterion replaced my apparently defective DVD. Their support was
    excellent.

    Worldnet Newsgroups, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Worldnet Newsgroups

    anthony Guest

    My Criterion rebecca is fine but on my new Pioneer DVD/SACD/DVD-A
    player, Spellbound won't even progress to the menu stage -- just won't
    play. It's fine on my old Panasonic, but it's the only disc my Pioneer
    won't play.
    And I don't think Criterion will do an exchange for an Australian
    buyer....

    anthony, Oct 7, 2003

  3. >My Criterion rebecca is fine but on my new Pioneer DVD/SACD/DVD-A
    >player, Spellbound won't even progress to the menu stage -- just won't
    >play. It's fine on my old Panasonic, but it's the only disc my Pioneer
    >won't play.
    >And I don't think Criterion will do an exchange for an Australian
    >buyer....

    Go to the "Support and Feedback" section of Criterion's website
    (criterionco.com) and send them an e-mail explaining your problem. There was a
    flaw in the first printing of SPELLBOUND, such that it won't play in all DVD
    players. Check the lower right corner of the back of the case -- if it says
    "First printing 2002," you should be entitled to an exchange. I merely had to
    send Criterion the cover insert (they let me keep the disc and booklet), and
    they sent me a corrected copy within 10 days. No receipt needed, no questions
    asked.

    I don't see why this shouldn't apply regardless of where you live.

    John Larrabee
    Co-founder: Laurel & Hardy Central
    http://laurelandhardycentral.com

    (To respond via e-mail, remove "nixspam")

    "Exit, pursued by a bear"

    John Larrabee, Oct 7, 2003
  4. "anthony" <> wrote in message
    > My Criterion rebecca is fine but on my new Pioneer DVD/SACD/DVD-A
    > player, Spellbound won't even progress to the menu stage -- just won't
    > play. It's fine on my old Panasonic, but it's the only disc my Pioneer
    > won't play.
    > And I don't think Criterion will do an exchange for an Australian
    > buyer....

    My Spellbound plays perfectly, but both Rebecca discs (the first and the
    replacement) have some problems. The former was impossible to view, the
    latter a few glitches that are acceptable and intermittant. The Criterion
    web site lists Spellbound has having issues on certain players. You're
    right, they do not ship exchanges outside of the USA.

    http://www.criterionco.com/asp/known_problems.asp

    Steve

    Steve Knoblock, Oct 7, 2003