    good the newest transfer is, and most importantly, is it in the correct
    original theatrical release aspect ratio?

    T.B.

    TB, Dec 28, 2005

  2. TB

    fredman Guest

    On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 03:21:03 GMT, "TB" <>
    wrote:

    >Anyone picked up the recent Criterion release of "Ran?" I'm curious how
    >good the newest transfer is, and most importantly, is it in the correct
    >original theatrical release aspect ratio?

    DVDtalk.com has a pretty good review of this title (I confess I'm not
    familiar) and state that they have gotten it right this time around.
    Cheers.

    fredman, Dec 28, 2005

  3. TB

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    fredman <> wrote:

    > DVDtalk.com has a pretty good review of this title (I confess I'm not
    > familiar) and state that they have gotten it right this time around.
    > Cheers.

    Does Criterion ever get it wrong?

    Black Locust, Dec 31, 2005
  4. TB

    jayembee Guest

    Black Locust <> wrote:

    > Does Criterion ever get it wrong?

    Now and then. The framing on CHASING AMY was off, because
    that's what Disney gave them. And they released ALPHAVILLE in
    fullscreen, because that's the way Godard wanted them to release
    it (their LD edition was widescreen). But they don't often screw up.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Dec 31, 2005
  5. TB

    fredman Guest

    On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 01:43:14 -0600, Black Locust <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > fredman <> wrote:
    >
    >> DVDtalk.com has a pretty good review of this title (I confess I'm not
    >> familiar) and state that they have gotten it right this time around.
    >> Cheers.

    >Does Criterion ever get it wrong?

    Actually, "they" is this sense meant the previous iterations of the
    DVD by two other publishers - who apparantly did not get it right.
    Cheers.

    fredman, Jan 1, 2006