    will be identical to Criterion's original releases in every way. Watch
    this space for further news about Playtime and Jour de Fête."

    http://www.criterionco.com/asp/

    Scot Gardner, Dec 17, 2003

  2. On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:35:36 -0800, "Scot Gardner"
    <> wrote:

    >_Mon Oncle_ and _M. Hulot's Holiday_ Back In Print for 2004
    >
    >"At long last Criterion has succeeded in renewing its rights to Jacques
    >Tati's classic films Mon Oncle, M. Hulot's Holiday, Jour de Fête and
    >Playtime. The original Criterion editions of Mon Oncle and M. Hulot's
    >Holiday will be back in print starting in January of 2004. These DVDs
    >will be identical to Criterion's original releases in every way. Watch
    >this space for further news about Playtime and Jour de Fête."
    >
    >http://www.criterionco.com/asp/

    Thank goodness all my Tati DVD's are from the original release window,
    and I didn't have to pay what they were going for on Ebay. <g>

    My "Playtime" is the first release with the faulty aspect ratio switch
    for the short subject, so I'd get the new release for that, and "Jour
    De Fete" I'm betting will contain both the original "colour framed"
    Black and White theatrical release and the new colour version, so I'm
    looking forward to that one!

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Dec 17, 2003

  3. Scot Gardner

    Tim Pace Guest

    Great I have been waiting to see more of Tati since I saw Mr Hulots Holiday
    I love it especially the tennis scene. It makes me cry with laughter.

    --
    Tim Pace
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.

    Tim Pace, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Scot Gardner

    JohnW248 Guest

    In article <20031217103334.868$>, "Scot Gardner"
    <> writes:

    >Watch
    >this space for further news about Playtime and Jour de Fête."

    Any idea what the time frame is for the release of Playtime?

    John

    JohnW248, Dec 17, 2003
  5. Any word on Tati's last 'Hulot' film - "Trafic" (Traffic) (1971)??

    This would complete all his 'Hulot' films

    J. Alfred Prufrock, Dec 18, 2003