    based on the difficulty of the exam.

    Thanks
    Ravi

    Chenna Ravi, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Chenna Ravi

    Humanity Guest

    It's random. The seed is based on the timer.

    Humanity, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Chenna Ravi

    Brian Eng Guest

    > I am planning to prepare for MCSD.NET certification, what is the passing
    > criterion for each exam. Is there a fixed passing score or is it random
    > based on the difficulty of the exam.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ravi

    Yes, they are different for each exam. Not sure how the scoring works
    exactly, but the passing grade for each are:

    Windows, Web, XML Web Services, elective = 700 (out of 1000)
    .NET Solution Architecture = 80%

    Brian Eng, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Chenna Ravi

    Mehran Nikoo Guest

    Brian,

    Not sure how you came up with those numbers. Microsoft doesn't publish
    passing scores, so any guess could confuse candidates :)

    Mehran

    Mehran Nikoo, Oct 28, 2003
  5. Chenna Ravi

    Chenna Ravi Guest

    Seems like shooting for 80% on simulated tests is a good goal.
    Thank You all for your input
    Ravi

    Chenna Ravi, Oct 28, 2003
  6. Chenna Ravi

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Not sure how you came up with those numbers. Microsoft doesn't publish
    >passing scores, so any guess could confuse candidates :)

    I believe they have [due to popular demand] started doing so again.

    Kline Sphere, Oct 28, 2003
  7. Chenna Ravi

    Brian Eng Guest

    You're right, I'm not sure the passing grades are published. However,
    several people at our company recently sat for the exams and it's quite
    consistent with the numbers I posted - i.e. 694 = fail, 700 = pass.

    Brian Eng, Oct 28, 2003
  8. Chenna Ravi

    andytby Guest

    i took my first exam in 6 oct 2003, the exam paper is Exam 70–306, it
    did published the passing score on my transcript, the passing score is
    700, and I scored 790. :)

    I think maybe the software version is different from my country, the
    software version might cause some people couldn't see the score result
    after the exam.

    andytby, Oct 29, 2003
  9. Chenna Ravi

    Kevin Guest

    They don't give out scores anymore. The passing grade
    right now is an 80% on the exams.

    Kevin, Oct 29, 2003
  10. Chenna Ravi

    Geoff Guest

    Yep !

    See the current Microsoft Exam FAQ ....

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/faq/procedures
    ..asp

    I didn't get a score for 70-306 or 70-300 but it looks
    like it is going back to a full score report will
    indicators of how you do in each exam section.

    Geoff, Oct 30, 2003