CredUIPromptForCredentials

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by neotx, Jun 23, 2008.

  1. neotx

    neotx Guest

    Trying to use CredUIPromptForCredentials function but it gives me errors when
    compiling?

    I am using the headers: Windows.h and WinCred.h

    - Error message (if any):

    fatal error LNK1120.
    Error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
    __IMP__CredUIPromptForCredentailsW@40 refrenced in fucntcition "public:void
    __thisCall CMMC::OnBnClickedOk(void)"(?OnBnClickedOk@CMMC@@QAEXXZ)

    - Please state what you did and where the process failed:

    I just compiled it. and I get this errors. I am using the proper header
    files and followed instructions.

    - Additional information (if any):

    I just followed the MSDN instructions.
    neotx, Jun 23, 2008

  2. neotx wrote:

    >Trying to use CredUIPromptForCredentials function but it gives me errors
    >when
    >compiling?
    >
    >I am using the headers: Windows.h and WinCred.h
    >
    >- Error message (if any):
    >
    >fatal error LNK1120.
    >Error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
    >__IMP__CredUIPromptForCredentailsW@40 refrenced in fucntcition "public:void
    >__thisCall CMMC::OnBnClickedOk(void)"(?OnBnClickedOk@CMMC@@QAEXXZ)
    >
    >- Please state what you did and where the process failed:
    >
    >I just compiled it. and I get this errors. I am using the proper header
    >files and followed instructions.
    >
    >- Additional information (if any):
    >
    > I just followed the MSDN instructions.

    Well, you probably want to ask in a programming group, but "unresolved
    external symbol" suggests that you've not got a complete set of headers or
    includes or something.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jun 24, 2008

  3. neotx

    Drew Guest

    Add Credui.lib to your link as per MSDN.

    Drew

    Drew, Jun 24, 2008