Crediting Sipgate

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Telephoneman, Jul 10, 2006.

  1. Telephoneman

    Telephoneman Guest

    I've recently opened a Sipgate account in order to play around and test
    easypabx, without having to risk my live Voiptalk and Voipfone numbers.

    My account is live with a UK pstn number and shows on my Sipgate homepage as
    "active" - so far so good. I now want to put some credit on my account to
    make some calls to pstn numbers. This is where the problems start. It won't
    let you pay them any money until you enter a code which you have to get by
    dialling 10200. OK, so I call and get a 4 digit number. I decide to select
    the Paypal option and press the button -Oops! I can't pay because I haven't
    entered the code, even though there's no box to do so. Alright then, I'll
    pay by credit card. Fill in the details, including the cvc, enter the code
    in the "security code box", press the button and guess what? I've entered an
    incorrect security code.

    I dial 10200 again and lo and behold it gives me a completely different
    number. Dial it 10 minutes later and it gives a different number entirely,
    and so on etc

    Is it me? am I missing something? Needless to say sipgate customer service
    are as much use as a chocolate fireguard so can anyone else come up with a
    solution. I'll give it a day or so and if I can't fix it I'll just sign up
    with someone else.

    Liam
    Telephoneman, Jul 10, 2006

  2. Telephoneman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Telephoneman" <>
    wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Is it me? am I missing something? Needless to say sipgate
    > customer service are as much use as a chocolate fireguard
    > so can anyone else come up with a solution. I'll give it
    > a day or so and if I can't fix it I'll just sign up with
    > someone else.

    I can't give you detailed instructions as the 10200 security code system
    wasn't introduced until after I first signed up, so I've never had to do
    it.

    You say support are no use, who did you contact..? What was their reply..?
    This is a common problem and should be easily fixable, write to tech
    support telling them what you put here and including your SIP ID and let
    me know what the outcome is.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 10, 2006

  3. Telephoneman

    John Rogers Guest

    > I've recently opened a Sipgate account in order to play around and test
    > easypabx, without having to risk my live Voiptalk and Voipfone numbers.
    >
    > My account is live with a UK pstn number and shows on my Sipgate homepage
    > as "active" - so far so good. I now want to put some credit on my account
    > to make some calls to pstn numbers. This is where the problems start. It
    > won't let you pay them any money until you enter a code which you have to
    > get by dialling 10200. OK, so I call and get a 4 digit number. I decide to
    > select the Paypal option and press the button -Oops! I can't pay because I
    > haven't entered the code, even though there's no box to do so. Alright
    > then, I'll pay by credit card. Fill in the details, including the cvc,
    > enter the code in the "security code box", press the button and guess
    > what? I've entered an incorrect security code.
    >
    > I dial 10200 again and lo and behold it gives me a completely different
    > number. Dial it 10 minutes later and it gives a different number entirely,
    > and so on etc
    >
    > Is it me? am I missing something? Needless to say sipgate customer service
    > are as much use as a chocolate fireguard so can anyone else come up with a
    > solution. I'll give it a day or so and if I can't fix it I'll just sign up
    > with someone else.
    >
    > Liam

    I had the same problem and emailed tech support, they mailed back asking me
    to log in and credit my account again as they had turned off the security
    code requirement on my account.
    John Rogers, Jul 16, 2006