Credit Card Processing?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Super Steve, Jul 30, 2008.

  1. Super Steve

    Super Steve Guest

    I've got a website that requires credit card processing. Currently it
    does only a couple of transactions a day.

    At the moment we're using PayPal because there was zero set up fees,
    no monthly fees and we didn't need to go through the bother of
    becoming a credit card merchant.

    Unfortunately we've encountered some problems with PayPal (PayPal
    pages timing out when people try to pay us, credit cards being
    rejected even though the user insists the card is ok, notifications
    from PayPal that a sale has happened taking several minutes or hours
    to come through to us, etc).

    So I've been looking for a replacement to PayPal. Ideally the
    replacement would offer:

    Low set up fee ($100 or less).
    Low or no monthly fee.
    A good back-end that lets me view the transactions processed and issue
    refunds (either full or partial).
    No credit card merchant account needed.
    Able to transfer money into my NZ bank account whenever I want and
    with low or no transfer fees.

    I've looked at what the various banks and other outfits like DPS and
    WorldPay are offering and I find their fees and the hoops you have to
    jump through to get an account to be excessive.

    Can anyone suggest a service that fills my needs? It doesn't have to
    be based in NZ but that would be nice from a support point of view.

    I've found www.paymex.co.nz that looks good and appears to meet all of
    my needs as far as I can see. Does anyone have any experience with
    them?

    Super Steve, Jul 30, 2008

  2. In article
    <>, Super
    Steve did write:

    > I've got a website that requires credit card processing. Currently it
    > does only a couple of transactions a day.

    I've had one client use irie.co.nz for a few years now. They act as an
    interface to the BNZ, who I gather are the only ones in NZ doing multiple
    currencies.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 30, 2008

  3. Super Steve

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2008-07-30, Super Steve <> wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest a service that fills my needs? It doesn't have to
    > be based in NZ but that would be nice from a support point of view.

    Have you looked at clickbank. on the site where I'm using it IPNs seem to
    arrive before the purchser returns.

    I can't answer the other concerns, I'm just the programmer.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Jul 30, 2008
  4. Super Steve

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <cfbe1736-9f8d-4b29-8393-c7d9bbce7946
    @x29g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, says...
    > I've got a website that requires credit card processing. Currently it
    > does only a couple of transactions a day.
    >
    > At the moment we're using PayPal because there was zero set up fees,
    > no monthly fees and we didn't need to go through the bother of
    > becoming a credit card merchant.
    >
    > Unfortunately we've encountered some problems with PayPal (PayPal
    > pages timing out when people try to pay us, credit cards being
    > rejected even though the user insists the card is ok, notifications
    > from PayPal that a sale has happened taking several minutes or hours
    > to come through to us, etc).
    >
    > So I've been looking for a replacement to PayPal. Ideally the
    > replacement would offer:
    >
    > Low set up fee ($100 or less).
    > Low or no monthly fee.
    > A good back-end that lets me view the transactions processed and issue
    > refunds (either full or partial).
    > No credit card merchant account needed.

    Why not? Some banks offer a free setup for this. And for a couple of
    transactions a day it seems appropriate. It also puts *you* in more
    control over the transaction, and whether you decide to accept it or
    not.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Jul 30, 2008