    transfer the funds to your bank account.

    Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
    CGI/Perl).
    Michael Payne, May 22, 2004

    alt.www.webmaster

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
    Blinky the Shark, May 22, 2004

  3. Michael Payne

    Tarla Guest

    On Sun, 23 May 2004 03:28:39 +1200, "Michael Payne"
    <> wrote:

    >Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
    >(preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
    >transfer the funds to your bank account.
    >
    >Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
    >CGI/Perl).

    Are you talking about eftpos and credit card transactions? You must
    have a merchant id with ETSL or ASB transaction server. You'd have to
    give me a bit more info, before I could actually give you a detailed
    answer. Are you in NZ? You can make private arrangements with anyone
    to use their account and send you your portion, but there's the
    question of trust and accountability to take into consideration.
    Tarla, May 22, 2004
  4. Michael Payne

    steve Guest

    Michael Payne wrote:
    > Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
    > (preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
    > transfer the funds to your bank account.
    >
    > Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
    > CGI/Perl).

    Maybe....but the tax implications usually make more transparency a good
    thing.

    If the person/company doing the processing on your behalf is also seen
    as receiving the revenue, they will incur a tax liability that really
    should be yours.
    steve, May 22, 2004
  5. Michael Payne

    A Guest

    On Sun, 23 May 2004 09:32:53 +1200, Tarla <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 23 May 2004 03:28:39 +1200, "Michael Payne"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
    >>(preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
    >>transfer the funds to your bank account.
    >>
    >>Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
    >>CGI/Perl).
    >>

    >Are you talking about eftpos and credit card transactions? You must
    >have a merchant id with ETSL or ASB transaction server. You'd have to
    >give me a bit more info, before I could actually give you a detailed
    >answer. Are you in NZ? You can make private arrangements with anyone
    >to use their account and send you your portion, but there's the
    >question of trust and accountability to take into consideration.

    And its usually a breach of the merchant holders terms & conditions to
    use it as a processing house for another party or to use it for
    non-core business activity.

    Even if you did find a merchant to this on your behalf, it may be
    difficult to work out the merchant fees.
    A, May 23, 2004
  6. Michael Payne

    Collector Guest

    Michael Payne wrote:

    >Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
    >(preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
    >transfer the funds to your bank account.
    >
    >Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
    >CGI/Perl).

    An only CC payment system is operated by WebFarm http://webfarm.co.nz
    They have a system called world pay, but the fees are not cheap (setup etc)
    Collector, May 23, 2004
  7. Michael Payne

    Tarla Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 23:40:55 GMT, (A) wrote:

    >On Sun, 23 May 2004 09:32:53 +1200, Tarla <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 23 May 2004 03:28:39 +1200, "Michael Payne"
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
    >>>(preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
    >>>transfer the funds to your bank account.
    >>>
    >>>Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
    >>>CGI/Perl).
    >>>

    >>Are you talking about eftpos and credit card transactions? You must
    >>have a merchant id with ETSL or ASB transaction server.

    (oh my god, I can't believe I wrote that...ANZ server, not ASB)

    >You'd have to
    >>give me a bit more info, before I could actually give you a detailed
    >>answer. Are you in NZ? You can make private arrangements with anyone
    >>to use their account and send you your portion, but there's the
    >>question of trust and accountability to take into consideration.

    >And its usually a breach of the merchant holders terms & conditions to
    >use it as a processing house for another party or to use it for
    >non-core business activity.

    Actually that can be done. Particularly in cases of short term use.

    >Even if you did find a merchant to this on your behalf, it may be
    >difficult to work out the merchant fees.

    They're usually a set percentage of the amount in dollars that are
    transacted.
    Tarla, May 23, 2004
  8. Michael Payne

    <> wrote:

    >Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
    >(preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
    >transfer the funds to your bank account.
    >
    >Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
    >CGI/Perl).

    The charge for transactions on the ETSL server are very low, something
    like $10 a month. The cost is from the bank taking its cut of the
    credit card charges, and the cost of setting up a merchant account.
    Fortunately, all you have to do is threaten ANZ with any of the other
    four banks and vice versa. They'll deal with you if you threaten to
    give the business to another server.
    Tarla, May 23, 2004
  9. Michael Payne

    Chris Mayhew Guest