    I have customes that prefer Credit card Payments over the internet.. Which
    is the best way to do this in NZ..

    cheers Peter

    Peter, Feb 19, 2006

  2. "Peter" <> wrote in message
    news:43f8f4fb$0$15443$...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have customes that prefer Credit card Payments over the internet..
    > Which is the best way to do this in NZ..
    >

    > cheers Peter
    >
    > *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
    > *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
    > http://www.SecureIX.com ***

    maybe you should provide more info.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Feb 19, 2006

  3. Peter

    Guest

    On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:41:18 +1300, "Peter" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I have customes that prefer Credit card Payments over the internet.. Which
    >is the best way to do this in NZ..
    >

    >cheers Peter
    >

    >*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
    >*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com ***

    Simple just give them your account number and a individual payment code for
    each customer.
    , Feb 19, 2006
  4. Peter

    shannon Guest

    On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:41:18 +1300, Peter wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have customes that prefer Credit card Payments over the internet.. Which
    > is the best way to do this in NZ..
    >

    > cheers Peter
    >

    > *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
    > *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com ***

    I don't know what the best way is, your question is a bit vague, but asb
    cardpay offers a system http://www.asbbank.co.nz/section246.asp
    shannon, Feb 19, 2006
  5. Peter

    ~misfit~ Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > "Peter" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have customers that prefer Credit card Payments over the internet..
    >> Which is the best way to do this in NZ..
    >>

    >> cheers Peter
    >>
    >> *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
    >> *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
    >> http://www.SecureIX.com ***

    > maybe you should provide more info.

    What more do you need? Peter wants advice on how to set up a website / page
    where his customers can pay by credit card. Comprehension skills go a long
    way you know.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Feb 19, 2006
  6. Waylon Kenning, Feb 20, 2006
  7. In article <43f8f4fb$0$15443$>,
    says...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have customes that prefer Credit card Payments over the internet.. Which
    > is the best way to do this in NZ..
    >

    > cheers Peter

    you could take a look at what these guys have to offer:

    http://www.thawte.com/online-merchants/index.html

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Feb 20, 2006
  8. Peter

    A Guest

    On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:18:15 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >> "Peter" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I have customers that prefer Credit card Payments over the internet..
    >>> Which is the best way to do this in NZ..
    >>>

    >>> cheers Peter
    >>>
    >>> *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
    >>> *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
    >>> http://www.SecureIX.com ***

    >> maybe you should provide more info.

    >What more do you need? Peter wants advice on how to set up a website / page
    >where his customers can pay by credit card. Comprehension skills go a long
    >way you know.

    Acually depending on the individual situation there are a number of
    solutions and this cannot be determined based on the original post.

    e.g. If the OP already has merchant facilities for a retail shop and
    has the ability to key in cardholder not present transactions

    If the OP does not have merchant facilities already (and I couldn't
    work it out from the original post - maybe you could have) then they
    have to decide whether its worth it. Given that most banks have a
    minimum monthly charge (e.g. $15) the level of credit card sales will
    determine whether this is viable or not.

    The level of sales and whether the OP has a website will also
    determine whether its worth investing in a secure payment system for
    the website.

    If the payments are infrequent and the customers are few, then it may
    be better to use Paypal. Not as convenient for customers but it is at
    least an option for them and better than not taking credit cards at
    all.

    Something inbetween may warrant using a third party such as worldpay

    Then there's also the need for processing in foreign currencies - will
    the customers be paying in USD or are will they be paying in local
    NZD?

    In other words to provide a proper answer, more info is required to be
    able to give the best answer.
    A, Feb 20, 2006
  9. Peter

    ~misfit~ Guest

    A wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:18:15 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >>> "Peter" <> wrote in message

    >>> maybe you should provide more info.

    >> What more do you need? Peter wants advice on how to set up a website
    >> / page where his customers can pay by credit card. Comprehension
    >> skills go a long way you know.

    > Acually depending on the individual situation there are a number of
    > solutions and this cannot be determined based on the original post.
    >
    > e.g. If the OP already has merchant facilities for a retail shop and
    > has the ability to key in cardholder not present transactions
    >
    > If the OP does not have merchant facilities already (and I couldn't
    > work it out from the original post - maybe you could have) then they
    > have to decide whether its worth it. Given that most banks have a
    > minimum monthly charge (e.g. $15) the level of credit card sales will
    > determine whether this is viable or not.
    >
    > The level of sales and whether the OP has a website will also
    > determine whether its worth investing in a secure payment system for
    > the website.
    >
    > If the payments are infrequent and the customers are few, then it may
    > be better to use Paypal. Not as convenient for customers but it is at
    > least an option for them and better than not taking credit cards at
    > all.
    >
    > Something inbetween may warrant using a third party such as worldpay
    >
    > Then there's also the need for processing in foreign currencies - will
    > the customers be paying in USD or are will they be paying in local
    > NZD?
    >
    > In other words to provide a proper answer, more info is required to be
    > able to give the best answer.

    Fair comments. I was wrong.
    --
    ~misfit~