    1. Advertising

  2. Frank ess

    Charlie Self Guest

    Charlie Self, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Digital Photography Now, Sep 29, 2005
  4. Frank ess

    Celcius Guest

    Yep!
    A curtain starts vibrating at thousands of vibrations a second...
    and the whole thing falls to minuscule pieces ;-)))
    Marcel

    "Digital Photography Now" <> wrote in message
    > An even better idea - buy an Olympus E-System camera? The sensor stays

    clean

    Celcius, Sep 29, 2005
  5. More precisely, the infra red filter in front of the sensor itself (I'm 99%
    sure it's the IR filter) is vibrated at around 30Khz, shaking any dust off.
    The sensor itself is not moved at all. There are sticky pads in the mirror
    box to pick up dust particles. The vibration cycle runs each time the camera
    is switched on. Most E-Series users report dust-free images with their
    cameras.

    Digital Photography Now, Sep 29, 2005
  6. Frank ess

    Darrell Guest

    > An even better idea - buy an Olympus E-System camera? The sensor stays
    > clean all the time. A bold claim, maybe, but it's true.

    So what happens to all the crud that's on the ring outside of the sensor?
    Olympus never told me where it goes.
    Darrell, Oct 2, 2005
  7. The collecting pads can be changed if you have the camera serviced, though
    the very fact that the dust gets shaken off in the first is the key factor.

    Digital Photography Now, Oct 4, 2005