Creative Labs just posted a new version of MediaSource that is compat with x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Wayne Wastier, Aug 22, 2005.

  1. 5. Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer 3.30.21 (52.21 MB) 22 Aug 05 Download Now

    Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer enables you to manage your entire digital music collection on both your computer and your Creative portable music player effortlessly. To check your Creative MediaSource version number, see 'Notes' below.
    Hide Details

    Filename: CMS_PCAPP_LB_3_30_21.exe
    Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer 3.30.21
    CMS-WEBUP-9-LB

    Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer enables you to manage your entire digital music collection on both your computer and your Creative portable music player effortlessly.

    To check your Creative MediaSource version number, see 'Notes' below.

    You can use Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer to:

    a.. rip audio CDs into high-quality audio files - MP3 and WMA
    b.. transfer music tracks to and from your Creative portable music player using Sync Manager and SmartFit*
    c.. find, play and organize all your audio files in the music library
    d.. generate and customize playlists automatically using Smart Playlist
    e.. enjoy enhanced audio playback with EAX® Advanced HDT*
    f.. convert music from your vinyl records and cassette tapes into digital formats using the integrated recorder**
    g.. burn personalized MP3 and audio CDs with a CD-writer and print your own CD cover*
    * For use with selected Sound Blaster® products and Creative portable music players (if applicable)
    **For use with any audio device

    Requirements:

    a.. Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Millennium Edition or Windows 98 Second Edition
    b.. Creative audio device or portable music player
    Notes:

    a.. To check your Creative MediaSource version number:

    1.. Launch Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer.
    2.. Click Help on the menu bar.
    3.. Click the About Creative MediaSource option.
    The dialog box shows the version number.
    4.. Click the OK button.
    Wayne Wastier, Aug 22, 2005

  2. Wayne Wastier

    Jerry Guest

    Creative posted a bunch of stuff today - not just this.

    Jerry, Aug 22, 2005

  3. "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    Creative posted a bunch of stuff today - not just this.

    Yup. But this one was the one I have been waiting for. :eek:)
    BTW, autoupdate now works with WinXP x64.

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, Aug 23, 2005
  4. USB Audigy 2 by any chance?

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2005
  5. "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    > USB Audigy 2 by any chance?
    >

    > --
    > Charlie.

    If that is the Audigy 2 NX, the drivers are there. But don't know if
    autoupdate works with it as I don't own one. I have the Audigy 2 ZS
    Platinum.

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, Aug 23, 2005
  6. Yes, it's the NX. I've got one I'd like to try out on x64, so I'll give it a
    try. If I can move it, it's a lot better than the built in stuff on these
    Asus mobos.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2005
  7. Interesting -- I hadn't even tried the Audigy 2 NX since Creative wasn't
    listing it as supported yet. But lo and behold, when I plugged it in -- it
    JFW. Recognized it automatically and installed the drivers for it. I then
    went ahead and installed the new drivers from Creative, but they weren't
    required to get it to work.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2005
  8. "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    > Interesting -- I hadn't even tried the Audigy 2 NX since Creative wasn't
    > listing it as supported yet. But lo and behold, when I plugged it in -- it
    > JFW. Recognized it automatically and installed the drivers for it. I then
    > went ahead and installed the new drivers from Creative, but they weren't
    > required to get it to work.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.

    Hi Charlie. I think the reason why it works now, is because the drivers are
    on Windows Update. :eek:)

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, Aug 24, 2005
  9. No, because the NX had never been plugged in to the Ferrari, so the drivers
    would never have been downloaded to it. Windows update will not even offer
    you drivers for devices you don't have, and never automatically downloads
    drivers to you - it will always ask about drivers.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2005