Creative Labs Audigy SE sound card driver installation woes

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Bill Ross, Oct 27, 2008.

  1. Bill Ross

    Bill Ross Guest

    Hi, I'm a fellow fool who bought XP64 and regretted it ever since because of
    the endless compatibility issues. My latest nightmare...

    I bought a Creative Labs Audigy SE sound card which had an XP64 driver which
    installs fine in Safe Mode but will not run if not in Safe Mode.

    Currently, the card is listed in the device manager with a yellow
    exclamation point.

    I am assure that it is compatible but I have spent many hours doing the
    various clean boot, uninstall and reinstall activities that Creative Labs
    has suggested.

    Is there an explanation?

    Thanks,

    Bill Ross
    Bill Ross, Oct 27, 2008

  2. Bill Ross

    Carlos Guest

    Bill,
    Here you will find the latest Creative official drivers for your card:

    http://asia.creative.com/support/do...=&driverlang=1033&OS=27&drivertype=0&x=32&y=7

    The package is for XP 32-bit, XP 64-bit and Vista

    Driver is dated July 9th, 2007.

    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 28, 2008

  3. I had a close relative to this card installed on my system once and it
    worked fine - is there a chance that your motherboard has internal sound in
    the chipset? If so, you must disable that before installing your new driver,
    usually it just plain doesn't work with both enabled, but sometimes you get
    unpredictable results!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 28, 2008
  4. Bill Ross

    Bill Ross Guest

    I spent way too much time on this card. (And yes, the onboard audio was
    disabled). I just returned it.

    Thanks,

    Bill

    Bill Ross, Nov 4, 2008