    1. Advertising

  2. Zack Uribe

    Zack Uribe Guest

    Zack Uribe, Aug 11, 2006

  3. If they're not signing them, then they don't exist as far as I'm concerned.
    Grrrr, indeed.

    (BTW, there IS a way to bypass that F8 stuff. Google "easybcd". )

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 11, 2006
  4. Zack Uribe

    Zack Uribe Guest

    I believe that was disabled in the 5472 build. You used to be able to use a
    command string, and VistaBootPro also used to enable unsigned drivers, but
    at least those 2 got stopped...

    Zack Uribe, Aug 11, 2006
  5. Charlie:
    I'm using the latest x64 Creative drivers in Vista x64 5384. Under
    options use 24-bit, 48000Hz for good results with the Audigy 2zs. The x64
    printer drivers won't work but the sound drivers did work.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 11, 2006
  6. still there, I believe. Easy BCD shows it as an option, I know. I don't have
    it enabled -- too many blue screens

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 11, 2006
  7. Zack Uribe

    Zack Uribe Guest

    Sorry, I meant disabled by MSFT. I think they killed the hook that those 3
    options used to get by driver signing.

    Zack Uribe, Aug 11, 2006
  8. Zack Uribe

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Indeed, while the bcdedit command to disable the driver signature check
    *appears* to work (which is what EasyBCD uses, I imagine), it doesn't
    actually do anything anymore (starting in 5472). The only way around it is
    F8 on every boot.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Aug 11, 2006
  9. If they're not signed, they won't work here. (Heck, I still have UAC turned
    on.)

    Rumour has it we may have a new build soon. I may dig out my USB Audigy 2
    for that, if there are good drivers for it. Better than the built in on the
    Ferrari, certainly.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel, Aug 12, 2006
  10. Zack Uribe

    Zack Uribe Guest

    Patrick sure has hinted at a new build being "immenent". Earlier in the week
    I mentioned I was going on vacation, and was hoping to have a new build for
    my laptop(slow as molasses) He asked when I was going...which hinted at one
    coming down the pike.
    Today a tester asked if he should re-install the downloaded 5472 due to
    issues with the media test build, or wait a few days..Patrick suggested to
    wait....

    According to the Creative Matrix, the external Soundblaster products are TBA
    regarding Vista support

    Zack Uribe, Aug 12, 2006
  11. Charlie:
    The Creative drivers for Windows x64 #02.08.004 are signed drivers.
    When installed on Vista x64, device manager shows the driver #5.12.6.1063 as
    being signed. I haven't tried installing the mixer or other accessories and
    have done all setup through audio devices.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 12, 2006
  12. Zack Uribe

    Larry Hodges Guest

    > If they're not signed, they won't work here. (Heck, I still have UAC
    > turned on.)
    >
    > Rumour has it we may have a new build soon. I may dig out my USB Audigy 2
    > for that, if there are good drivers for it. Better than the built in on
    > the Ferrari, certainly.

    Dood, you haven't upgraded? I would think a tech head like you would be
    up-to-date. BTW, have you read about the Core "2" Duos?. Note the "2".
    Without it, Intel sucks. But, Intel wants its market back, so she's out for
    blood. Capitalism is good for us. Name another industry where performance
    gets better and price goes down.

    Actually, I just bought a new CPU and passed down the 'ol 3800. Now running
    an x2 4800. Honestly, it isn't much faster than the 3800. But I got it
    cheap. :)

    <snip>

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Aug 12, 2006
  13. On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:38:10 +0100, Zack Uribe <>
    wrote:

    > http://us.creative.com/support/down...&driverlang=1033&OS=27&drivertype=0&x=22&y=12
    >

    > Did I beat Carlos???
    > ;-)

    Seems they have been dragging their heels, as Beta 2 has been around for
    months, RC1 is just around the corner, they should have waited a couple of
    weeks, and released them as RC1 drivers, rather than making themselves
    (Creative) look like cluesless idiots.

    Mark Gillespie, Aug 12, 2006