    I cannot find anything in the help file, or on the web, to
    explain how to combine these two units to created a macronised vowel.

    Can someone explain how to do it ?
    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Oct 8, 2005

  2. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Charlie G Guest

    <lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz> wrote:

    > I can identify the vowels and the macron in the Windows Unicode and the
    > Windows Western character maps.
    >
    > I cannot find anything in the help file, or on the web, to explain how to
    > combine these two units to created a macronised vowel.
    >
    > Can someone explain how to do it ?

    I can't recall how.. But I have a macro here I can send - could direct you
    to the University of Waikato website which has it, but it's password
    protected...

    Charlie G
    Charlie G, Oct 8, 2005

  3. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 16:41:35 +1300, in message
     <>, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:

    > I can identify the vowels and the macron in the Windows Unicode
    > and the Windows Western character maps.
    >
    > I cannot find anything in the help file, or on the web, to
    > explain how to combine these two units to created a macronised vowel.
    >
    > Can someone explain how to do it ?

    Use Windows Unicode, not Windows Western.

    The macronized vowels can be found in the Windows Unicode character map.

    macronized Unicode Unicode
    vowel (hex) (decimal)
    ---------- ------- ---------
    Ā U+0100 256
    Ä U+0101 257
    Ä’ U+0112 274
    Ä“ U+0113 275
    Ī U+012A 298
    Ä« U+012B 299
    Ō U+014C 332
    Å U+014D 333
    Ū U+016A 362
    Å« U+016B 363

    If you are using Microsoft Office, this link will tell you how to
    enter Unicode characters using the hex code.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030849291033.aspx

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Oct 8, 2005
  4. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 16:41:35 +1300, in message
     <>, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:

    > I can identify the vowels and the macron in the Windows Unicode
    > and the Windows Western character maps.
    >
    > I cannot find anything in the help file, or on the web, to
    > explain how to combine these two units to created a macronised vowel.
    >
    > Can someone explain how to do it ?

    This page may be useful to you
    http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/bylanguage/latin.html

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Change is inevitable. Progress is optional.
    Ralph Fox, Oct 8, 2005
  5. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    tiddlywink Guest

    tiddlywink, Oct 8, 2005
  6. Ralph Fox:

    Tks for your help : just the information I needed.
    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Oct 8, 2005