    Ray
    --

    This E-Mail has been checked by eTrust EZ Antivirus

    Ray, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Ray

    Arthur Small Guest

    Try ProShow Gold

    Arthur Small, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Ray

    Bmyself Guest

    I use Proshow Gold and PicturesToExe. PTE is the betterof the two I find,
    also has a forum.
    www.mikezite.co.uk
    Mike.

    Bmyself, Jul 7, 2004
  4. Ray

    Terry Guest

    Ray wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend an easy way of producing a slide show using JPEG files
    >that can be put onto a DVD. I have one that has been produced using I
    >believe a program called "Memories on TV" which I have been unable to trace.
    >Any help appreciated

    You can find it at http://www.picturetotv.com/. I tried the demo
    recently, and as I recall it looked pretty good. It only produces
    video out, which cut it off my list, but since that is what you're
    looking for, give it a try. It includes transitions, and pan-and-zoom.

    Pan-and-zoom (also known as the "Ken Burns effect") lets you program
    the slide show to zoom in and/or pan across your images (also rotate).
    Give's a little motion to your show. To my mind, if you are producing
    video, this is a required feature. Many of the slideshow and
    slide-to-DVD applications cannot do this (yet). Try it out.

    Other apps that can do slides to DVD include:

    ProShow Gold. http://www.photodex.com/. There is a plain ProShow as
    well, but I think you need the gold version to create video output.
    The Gold version also has the pan-and-zoom feature.

    ProShow Gold is a nice package, but it has some disadvantages. 1)
    Relatively expensive at $70. 2) I have emailed support with a question
    about the demo twice, with no reply at all. 3) The license agreement
    explictly says they can send information from your computer to their
    web site, which I am uncomfortable with.

    SlideShow maker.
    http://www.joern-thiemann.de/subpage/index.htm?/tools/ssmm/. Freeware.
    It does not produce DVD output directly, it produces an AVI file which
    you must then convert with an external converter. File size output
    limited to 2 GB. No zoom and pan. User Interface not as "slick" as
    some of the others, but the features are there.

    Microsoft's Photo Story. Cheap at $20, includes zoom and pan (though
    this is disabled in the demo version). But limited to 150 slides, and
    WMV format only. Also very slow.

    My Slide Show http://www.anixsoft.com/myslideshow.html.

    Picturestoexe, http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/.

    You could also check out many of the album packages, they seem to be
    adding video output features rapidly. Things like Photoshop album,
    Paint Shop Album, Nero Photo Show, ACDSee, etc.

    I am sure you will find others, as well, if you search google groups,
    dpreview, etc.

    Terry

    Terry, Jul 7, 2004
  5. Ray

    Bill Guest

    On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 19:04:41 +0100, "Ray"
    <> wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend an easy way of producing a slide show using JPEG files
    >that can be put onto a DVD. I have one that has been produced using I
    >believe a program called "Memories on TV" which I have been unable to trace.
    >Any help appreciated
    >Ray

    Try Slide Show Movie Maker (freeware). Allows you to create .avi files
    from .jpegs with hundreds of transitions. You can also add background
    music.

    HTH
    Bill

    Bill, Jul 8, 2004