    Is there a way I can do that? Or is that one of the 20% features that
    aren't in elements that are in photoshop

    i would have posted in adobe.photoshop.elements but I can't get a answer

    Uplink, May 16, 2006

  2. Uplink

    missmelanie Guest

    Do yourself a favour and download the Gimp. (http://www.gimp.org/) It has
    100% features of photoshop and 0% of the cost.
    Its free and it works beautifully. You can even save in photoshop format (I
    haven't tried opening a file in PS yet myself though). I'm still very new
    to it, but I've gone so far as to destroy my *ahem* borrowed copy of PS4.
    If you need help there's also tons of documentation online for it as well.

    Have fun,

    ~Mel

    missmelanie, May 16, 2006

  3. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    ZOMFG!

    what is it with all you people and "saving money" on alternatives??!!!!!!

    I asked a question about PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 4 which is very good. I don't
    like the gimp it's not good. I don't care if it's free! I trust adobe
    software.

    Who cares If I have to pay $100 for elements 4, i'll pay $500 for photoshop.
    It doesn't matter at all so STICK to the TOPIC!

    | Back to the point, can I use layer masks?

    (it seems that this group is just a bunch of freeloading microsoft haters)

    Uplink, May 17, 2006
  4. Uplink

    Hanson Guest

    "Uplink" <>wrote :

    |ZOMFG!
    |
    |what is it with all you people and "saving money" on alternatives??!!!!!!
    |
    |I asked a question about PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 4 which is very good. I don't
    |like the gimp it's not good. I don't care if it's free! I trust adobe
    |software.
    |
    |Who cares If I have to pay $100 for elements 4, i'll pay $500 for photoshop.
    |It doesn't matter at all so STICK to the TOPIC!
    |
    || Back to the point, can I use layer masks?

    Travis, Travis, Travis. You have discovered warez. Ghode_Luv_ya. What
    you have not discovered is:

    <drum roll>

    Asking questions in the appropriate group, such as:

    adobe.photoshop.elements

    and while i'm on a roll, FRO untill you learn some manners.

    HAND

    Hanson, May 17, 2006
  5. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    (sorry about the CAPS). What do you mean warez? (i know what it means) I'm
    not paying for some crappy copies of cracked software. I'd rather use the
    trial version and then buy it. That's what i'll do. If you get a warez
    account for 99 cents a download they'll sell your credit card number and
    email address. So it's better to buy the full software.

    What do you mean manners? I didn't swear once in any of my posts.

    Also, I can't get an answer out of adobe.photoshop.elements, that's what I
    said.

    btw, you FRO (whatever that means)

    Uplink, May 17, 2006
  6. Uplink

    Hanson Guest

    "Uplink" <>wrote :

    |(sorry about the CAPS). What do you mean warez? (i know what it means) I'm
    |not paying for some crappy copies of cracked software. I'd rather use the
    |trial version and then buy it. That's what i'll do. If you get a warez
    |account for 99 cents a download they'll sell your credit card number and
    |email address. So it's better to buy the full software.
    |
    |What do you mean manners? I didn't swear once in any of my posts.
    |
    |Also, I can't get an answer out of adobe.photoshop.elements, that's what I
    |said.
    |
    |btw, you FRO (whatever that means)

    Well, now, that's you sorted then.

    Hanson, May 17, 2006