CREATING CORE DUMPS

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ns, May 16, 2005.

  1. ns

    ns Guest

    Hi all

    I need to configure my routers to obtain a full copy of the memory image
    when router crash.

    To send memory image by FTP, the procedure is :
    ip ftp usename <username>
    ip ftp password <password>
    exception protocol ftp
    exception dump <ftp_ip-address>

    Testing the Core Dump Setup :
    write core

    Does router creat copy of memory image only when router crash ?
    I need to be sure that it will not impact performance of routers.

    Thank You very much for your help

    Best Regards
    NS
    ns, May 16, 2005