Creating bootable slipstream CD's for w2k3 X64 ( AMD)

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlzR3V5?=, Nov 8, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I hope I'm in the right space

    Has anyone created a bootable slip stream CD from an existing

    X64 (AMD) CD ?

    There are a couple of procedures ( BARTS PE ! ) around that

    discusses how to make a W2k3 x86 slipstream CD.

    However those procedures fail because the the boot loader that is

    either used by the tools do not seem to work with a AMD processor,
    ( My disgnoses ... ).

    If you personally .. and successfully, created a Bootable ... Slipstream X64
    CD ...

    I'd like to hear from you.

    John.Donnelly At HP.com
    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlzR3V5?=, Nov 8, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlzR3V5?=

    Theo Guest

    I have personally slipstreamed SP2 into the Win XP x64 CD
    and created a bootable CD that I have personally installed
    Win XP x64 w/SP2 from.

    I used the steps noted in several articles available on the
    internet about slipstreaming, but had to find the update.exe
    in a different directory than that used for 32-bit XP. I
    think it was in the AMD64 folder, but don't quote me on that.

    If I remember correctly, the update.exe for x64 will not run
    in 32-bit XP, and I extracted the boot image from the x64 CD
    to make my bootable CD.

    Theo, Nov 8, 2007

  3. Thanks for the info.

    How did you extract the boot sector ?

    That seems to be headache.

    And picking the right CD burner.

    I used Bart's PE bbie: to extract the 2k bootstrap,
    and I used a Deep Burner CD utility to create a ISO or CD.

    Not many burning utilites allow one to ceate a boot sector.
    Nero has a funky way of creating a "boot able CD" by using
    a hard disk image.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlzR3V5?=, Nov 8, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlzR3V5?=

    S.SubZero Guest

    On Nov 8, 1:01 pm, WillisGuy <>
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I hope I'm in the right space
    >
    > Has anyone created a bootable slip stream CD from an existing
    >
    > X64 (AMD) CD ?

    Use nLite.

    www.nliteos.com

    This will let you make a slipstreamed Server 2003 x64 disc with no
    troubles. It doesn't care what processor it is for.
    S.SubZero, Nov 9, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlzR3V5?=

    Theo Guest

    I use ISOBuster to extract the boot image. I have a NEC
    ND-3550A DVD burner and I have been using Nero using to burn
    my discs. I have done both bootable CDs and DVDs.

    http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html

    You don't use any emulation when making the bootable CD.
    Use the "NO EMULATION" as noted in the URL above. It has
    been working for me for a LONG time.

    Theo, Nov 9, 2007
  6. >
    > www.nliteos.com
    >
    > This will let you make a slipstreamed Server 2003 x64 disc with no
    > troubles. It doesn't care what processor it is for.

    This looks pretty promising !
    The x86 worked great ..
    I'l try X64 next .
    Thx.