    filesystem when I get to linux.

    Thanks for suggestions.

    , Mar 31, 2009

  2. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi, I have two computers that have a new install of windows is
    > updated, with drivers. I want to create an image of the drive with the
    > OS as it is and create an install cd. An ISO image?

    You can create a _drive_ image so as to restore this new install condition
    at some later time; very fast.

    > Any good programs to do this, I have UBCD and I beleive it has HD
    > clone utilities but I'm not sure what I really should use to create
    > theese cds. Any suggestions, the operating systems will be from a NTFS
    > filesystems and later ext3
    > filesystem when I get to linux.

    UBCD 4.1.1 has^1 the following tools it puts into the 'cloning' category:

    Hard Disk Cloning Tools
    HDClone (Free Edition) 3.2.6
    g4u 1.17
    UDPcast
    PC INSPECTOR clone maxx 0.95 Build 769
    XXCOPY 2.93.1
    EaseUs Disk Copy 1.0
    COPYR.DMA Build 013
    CopyWipe 1.14

    I've never used any of them. Altho' some sound like wiping tools, ubcd
    has 2 of the above also in its wipe section/category as well as 3 other
    wipers.

    I would say that the imaging tools which are the most popular are such as
    Acronis, DriveImage, Ghost, and PartImage.

    ^1 http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ Tools currently included in the
    Ultimate Boot CD are:

    The xmas 2008 TinyXP boot disk has some drive image software. TinyXP
    isn't particularly respective of piracy concerns, whereas UBCD tends to be
    better behaved.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 31, 2009

  3. Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi, I have two computers that have a new install of windows is
    > > updated, with drivers. I want to create an image of the drive with the
    > > OS as it is and create an install cd. An ISO image?

    > You can create a _drive_ image so as to restore this new install condition
    > at some later time; very fast.
    >
    > > Any good programs to do this, I have UBCD and I beleive it has HD
    > > clone utilities but I'm not sure what I really should use to create
    > > theese cds. Any suggestions, the operating systems will be from a NTFS
    > > filesystems and later ext3
    > > filesystem when I get to linux.

    > UBCD 4.1.1 has^1 the following tools it puts into the 'cloning' category:
    >
    > Hard Disk Cloning Tools
    > HDClone (Free Edition) 3.2.6
    > g4u 1.17
    > UDPcast
    > PC INSPECTOR clone maxx 0.95 Build 769
    > XXCOPY 2.93.1
    > EaseUs Disk Copy 1.0
    > COPYR.DMA Build 013
    > CopyWipe 1.14
    >
    > I've never used any of them. Altho' some sound like wiping tools, ubcd
    > has 2 of the above also in its wipe section/category as well as 3 other
    > wipers.
    >
    > I would say that the imaging tools which are the most popular are such as
    > Acronis, DriveImage, Ghost, and PartImage.
    >
    > ^1 http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ Tools currently included in the
    > Ultimate Boot CD are:
    >

    > The xmas 2008 TinyXP boot disk has some drive image software. TinyXP
    > isn't particularly respective of piracy concerns, whereas UBCD tends to be
    > better behaved.

    I am using g4u on an older version of one the first UBCD versions. g4u
    didn't seem to have a working command for copying to another partition
    with the help command. But I used "copypart wd0e wd0f" command and
    it's chugging right along at 1.03 MB/s

    I beleive this is the the .43 version of UBCD? I was released pretty
    stable. Very stable. Some of the newer versions of UBCD seem to have
    many errors, for me, bad downloads?

    Much of the software on all of the UBCD versions is restricted in one
    form or another but always seem to have a full version of the programs
    in the categories.

    Yea as you pointed out it seems they mixed wiping with cloning for
    some reason, but all is good with UBCD efforts.

    UBCD is free though and a good way to see and use programs in one easy
    to use source. I like the raw linux bsd command aspect of the
    programs. Not everything needs a graphical interface.

    This is cool,

    The g4u program has utilities to upload images to ftp servers, which
    is interesting. And a way to I guess install from ftp. NEAT!

    UBCD has text browsers that with (in my experience) will easily
    recognize wired internet connections.

    I would in the future like to see if I could use a cd like that in a
    wireless setup with wpa.

    Anyway I was maily wondering how this image will be saved. I assume an
    ISO. If not surely it would be easy enough to convert it to an ISO
    image. I have been meaning to do this project, for years, win or fail.

    nearly a gig now, 750 or so MB to go.

    , Mar 31, 2009
  4. Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi, I have two computers that have a new install of windows is
    > > updated, with drivers. I want to create an image of the drive with the
    > > OS as it is and create an install cd. An ISO image?

    > You can create a _drive_ image so as to restore this new install condition
    > at some later time; very fast.
    >
    > > Any good programs to do this, I have UBCD and I beleive it has HD
    > > clone utilities but I'm not sure what I really should use to create
    > > theese cds. Any suggestions, the operating systems will be from a NTFS
    > > filesystems and later ext3
    > > filesystem when I get to linux.

    > UBCD 4.1.1 has^1 the following tools it puts into the 'cloning' category:
    >
    > Hard Disk Cloning Tools
    > HDClone (Free Edition) 3.2.6
    > g4u 1.17
    > UDPcast
    > PC INSPECTOR clone maxx 0.95 Build 769
    > XXCOPY 2.93.1
    > EaseUs Disk Copy 1.0
    > COPYR.DMA Build 013
    > CopyWipe 1.14
    >
    > I've never used any of them. Altho' some sound like wiping tools, ubcd
    > has 2 of the above also in its wipe section/category as well as 3 other
    > wipers.
    >
    > I would say that the imaging tools which are the most popular are such as
    > Acronis, DriveImage, Ghost, and PartImage.
    >
    > ^1 http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ Tools currently included in the
    > Ultimate Boot CD are:
    >

    > The xmas 2008 TinyXP boot disk has some drive image software. TinyXP
    > isn't particularly respective of piracy concerns, whereas UBCD tends to be
    > better behaved.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    I forgot to format the drive. duhhhh for me,

    took a while to do it's thing as it was

    Quick format, takes seconds,

    start again.

    Here we go, ultimate boot cd ver. 3.4, hard disk tools, g4u v2.1

    weeee,

    I guess

    , Mar 31, 2009
  5. Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi, I have two computers that have a new install of windows is
    > > updated, with drivers. I want to create an image of the drive with the
    > > OS as it is and create an install cd. An ISO image?

    > You can create a _drive_ image so as to restore this new install condition
    > at some later time; very fast.
    >
    > > Any good programs to do this, I have UBCD and I beleive it has HD
    > > clone utilities but I'm not sure what I really should use to create
    > > theese cds. Any suggestions, the operating systems will be from a NTFS
    > > filesystems and later ext3
    > > filesystem when I get to linux.

    > UBCD 4.1.1 has^1 the following tools it puts into the 'cloning' category:
    >
    > Hard Disk Cloning Tools
    > HDClone (Free Edition) 3.2.6
    > g4u 1.17
    > UDPcast
    > PC INSPECTOR clone maxx 0.95 Build 769
    > XXCOPY 2.93.1
    > EaseUs Disk Copy 1.0
    > COPYR.DMA Build 013
    > CopyWipe 1.14
    >
    > I've never used any of them. Altho' some sound like wiping tools, ubcd
    > has 2 of the above also in its wipe section/category as well as 3 other
    > wipers.
    >
    > I would say that the imaging tools which are the most popular are such as
    > Acronis, DriveImage, Ghost, and PartImage.
    >
    > ^1 http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ Tools currently included in the
    > Ultimate Boot CD are:
    >

    > The xmas 2008 TinyXP boot disk has some drive image software. TinyXP
    > isn't particularly respective of piracy concerns, whereas UBCD tends to be
    > better behaved.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Not sure if will work unless some minor adjustments are made.

    As I found after my attempt, regardless of my 'not formatting' the
    drive to begin with,

    haha

    --
    Be aware that the partitions to copy should have identical size (down
    to the sector), else bad things will happen. When copying a 'big'

    Think I will do something called slipstreaming, yep

    Then I shall conqueror!

    However at this point,

    Computer 1 user 0

    RTFM and all that