    instructions on how to do it.

    --
    Alasdair.
    Alasdair, Sep 20, 2009

  2. Alasdair

    chuckcar Guest

    Alasdair <> wrote in
    news::

    > By accident rather than design, I created an audio disk (one I could
    > play on my car CD player) from an MP3 podcast which I downloaded from
    > the BBC. I did this using nothing more than Windows XP.
    >
    > I tried in vain to repeat the process but to no avail and wonder if
    > some kind and knowledgable person could give me step by step
    > instructions on how to do it.

    You need to either convert the file to CDDA format (or wav at least). Or
    at the *very* least use cd writing software that converts mp3 files to
    CDDA *as* they're recording. CD's use CDDA format, however wav is so
    common on MS windows computers that many include the ability to use them
    as well. Be warned however, such wav files will be *huge*. This really
    depends on what software you're using to write CD's. Something you didn't
    mention

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 20, 2009