    I bought some blank CD's which called themselves "Music CD's" and were
    specifically labeled "Digital Audio". Unfortunately, I had the same result.

    What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

    Alan, Dec 25, 2006

  2. Alan

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 01:03:01 GMT Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    Yang then "Alan" <> sent this :

    >I've got some music files in .mp3 format which I'd like to be able to copy
    >onto a CD which would be playable in a regular CD player. I'm using Windows
    >XP Professional and Windows Media Player 9.0.
    >
    >Following the instructions on Windows Media Player, which promise to convert
    >the .mp3 to .cda format when choosing "Create an Audio CD" option, I still
    >end up with mp3 files, even though during the copying process the Media
    >Player indicated that it was "Converting" (although it didn't say
    >"converting" from what to what).
    >
    >At first I thought it was because I'd used a regular so-called "Data CD", so
    >I bought some blank CD's which called themselves "Music CD's" and were
    >specifically labeled "Digital Audio". Unfortunately, I had the same result.
    >
    >What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

    The in-built CD/DVD burning from MS is limited and to be honest quite
    crap.

    download the free,"Burn4 Free" and have play with it.
    http://www.burn4free.com/

    Takes a little to learn(But not much)and it's full featured and has a
    lot of support :)

    If you don't like it's IE tool bar you can remove it from the
    Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Dec 25, 2006

  3. Alan

    Alan Guest

    "Shep©" wrote :

    "Alan" sent this :

    >>I've got some music files in .mp3 format which I'd like to be able to copy
    >>onto a CD which would be playable in a regular CD player. I'm using
    >>Windows
    >>XP Professional and Windows Media Player 9.0.
    >>
    >>Following the instructions on Windows Media Player, which promise to
    >>convert
    >>the .mp3 to .cda format when choosing "Create an Audio CD" option, I still
    >>end up with mp3 files, even though during the copying process the Media
    >>Player indicated that it was "Converting" (although it didn't say
    >>"converting" from what to what).
    >>
    >>At first I thought it was because I'd used a regular so-called "Data CD",
    >>so
    >>I bought some blank CD's which called themselves "Music CD's" and were
    >>specifically labeled "Digital Audio". Unfortunately, I had the same
    >>result.
    >>
    >>What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
    >>

    > The in-built CD/DVD burning from MS is limited and to be honest quite
    > crap.
    >
    > download the free,"Burn4 Free" and have play with it.
    > http://www.burn4free.com/
    >
    > Takes a little to learn(But not much)and it's full featured and has a
    > lot of support :)
    >
    > If you don't like it's IE tool bar you can remove it from the
    > Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel :)

    Shep --- Didn't take much to learn at all; in fact, I thought it was quite
    user friendly. It worked perfectly. Thanks VERY much . . .
    Happy Holidays!

    Alan, Dec 25, 2006
  4. On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 01:03:01 +0000, Alan wrote:

    > Following the instructions on Windows Media Player, which promise to convert
    > the .mp3 to .cda format when choosing "Create an Audio CD" option, I still
    > end up with mp3 files, even though during the copying process the Media
    > Player indicated that it was "Converting" (although it didn't say
    > "converting" from what to what).

    You did something wrong. I've used WMP to burn CD from mp3 many times.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Sir Harden Thicke, Dec 25, 2006
  5. Alan

    Alan Guest

    "Sir Harden Thicke" wrote
    > On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 01:03:01 +0000, Alan wrote:
    >
    >> Following the instructions on Windows Media Player, which promise to
    >> convert
    >> the .mp3 to .cda format when choosing "Create an Audio CD" option, I
    >> still
    >> end up with mp3 files, even though during the copying process the Media
    >> Player indicated that it was "Converting" (although it didn't say
    >> "converting" from what to what).

    > You did something wrong. I've used WMP to burn CD from mp3 many times.

    Dear Sir,
    Well, I sorta guessed that was the case, but Shep's solution of using
    "Burn4Free" (which works perfectly) has made WMP use a moot point.
    I commend you on your ability to finagle WMP into converting from .mp3 to
    ..cda.

    Thanks for the insight.

    Alan, Dec 25, 2006
  6. Alan

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 03:26:55 GMT Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    Yang then "Alan" <> sent this :

    >"Shep©" wrote :
    >
    > "Alan" sent this :
    >>
    >>>I've got some music files in .mp3 format which I'd like to be able to copy
    >>>onto a CD which would be playable in a regular CD player. I'm using
    >>>Windows
    >>>XP Professional and Windows Media Player 9.0.
    >>>
    >>>Following the instructions on Windows Media Player, which promise to
    >>>convert
    >>>the .mp3 to .cda format when choosing "Create an Audio CD" option, I still
    >>>end up with mp3 files, even though during the copying process the Media
    >>>Player indicated that it was "Converting" (although it didn't say
    >>>"converting" from what to what).
    >>>
    >>>At first I thought it was because I'd used a regular so-called "Data CD",
    >>>so
    >>>I bought some blank CD's which called themselves "Music CD's" and were
    >>>specifically labeled "Digital Audio". Unfortunately, I had the same
    >>>result.
    >>>
    >>>What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
    >>>

    >> The in-built CD/DVD burning from MS is limited and to be honest quite
    >> crap.
    >>
    >> download the free,"Burn4 Free" and have play with it.
    >> http://www.burn4free.com/
    >>
    >> Takes a little to learn(But not much)and it's full featured and has a
    >> lot of support :)
    >>
    >> If you don't like it's IE tool bar you can remove it from the
    >> Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel :)

    >Shep --- Didn't take much to learn at all; in fact, I thought it was quite
    >user friendly. It worked perfectly. Thanks VERY much . . .
    >Happy Holidays!

    Glad all is well and same to you :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Dec 25, 2006
  7. Alan

    Just Dave

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Create .CDA

    1 st thought - no need for special CDs. I've a similar problem. and just found out that AVS Disc Creator does the work for me. RW CDs can't be read, but -Rs are OK. It accepts .WAV and .MP3s, but be careful about overall target capacity! Try a little bit first!
    Blows easily, but not that quickly.

    Just Dave, Dec 29, 2013